Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 EX that I love. The shop I've been going to has left a lot to be desired but funds are tight and I had a card through them making repairs easy to pay for. A little too easy actually... I finally got sick of getting bent over and decided to try doing oil changes and small repairs myself. Today I found that at some point they decided since (I'm assuming) the screws were stuck on the splash plate to just slice it right off. Being in freezing NY this time of year all the salt and road grime has made it's way in and I couldn't remove the drain plug. I'll ultimately end up taking it back to them for one more oil change to hopefully get me through the winter but does anyone have a good place to get oem parts? I'm due for a Serpentine belt as well which I'd like to do myself since they want to charge me $166. There's a clicking noise when I start it in the cold, thinking it's the Serpentine though, anyone else come across this?

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have a 2012 EX that I love. The shop I've been going to has left a lot to be desired but funds are tight and I had a card through them making repairs easy to pay for. A little too easy actually... I finally got sick of getting bent over and decided to try doing oil changes and small repairs myself. Today I found that at some point they decided since (I'm assuming) the screws were stuck on the splash plate to just slice it right off. Being in freezing NY this time of year all the salt and road grime has made it's way in and I couldn't remove the drain plug. I'll ultimately end up taking it back to them for one more oil change to hopefully get me through the winter but does anyone have a good place to get oem parts? I'm due for a Serpentine belt as well which I'd like to do myself since they want to charge me $166. There's a clicking noise when I start it in the cold, thinking it's the Serpentine though, anyone else come across this?
as far as the clicking goes it may be the belt tensioner I just replaced the wifes on the 06 today I ordered off amazon for $50 2 days ago , Gates is the OEM part in the box made by Litens so if you buy it from Honda its the same part made by Litens Canada for 2X the price just so everyone knows ,usually if the clicking is louder with the AC on and goes away when off its the tensioner you can usually see it vibrating ,also stick a 3/8" rubber hose down by it and listen to the hose to pin point it or long screw driver but be careful,also if its a rapid fast rattle grind noise for a few seconds only on startup it could be the VVT oil control solenoid or I have seen the timing chain tensioner rattle too on the K24,I hear you on getting bent over if I ever had to take my vehicles in I would find a shop that the techs get paid by the hour for a better chance ,but would probably still be risky ,the professional auto tech went down hill corporate greed I guess and constant change in design to keep up on,the better techs are getting out and very little coming in,at the dealer it may be different I am mainly talking about the after market shops corporate names

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you were in southwest Ohio and didn't mind aftermarket parts, I work in a Smyth Parts Plus and could have hooked you up with friendly pricing. Sorry I don't ship parts because it becomes a hassle along with PITA when it comes to warranty issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts