Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

recently got a CR-V that will replace another Honda that was in the family

i've found Manuals for Acura and Honda online but can't seem to find one for this year...any help?

·
Everything in Moderation
8,086 Posts
You CAN buy paper manuals for Generation2 at Helm. At least, you could.

Sometimes there are 'bootleg' PDFs available, keep searching.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Carbuff2 but other Hondas and Acuras can be had by helpful owners like:

only one i could find for CR-V was incomplete...stopped at 300 pages which is useless or want you to "Register" for free then probably ask you to pay for 14 year old books??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is there a Vendor on here or someone owns these 3rd party websites why no one can post some valuable material for fellow Honda Acura owners?

will i get in trouble for posting a Website that literally has almost every other HONDA / ACURA Shop manual for FREE???

·
1,987 Posts
Or you could just buy one on eBay for a paltry sum.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think i found it...not as easy as 1 single giant file like HondaHookUp has it but it looks legit

Moderator, can i post link or not? thanks and hopefully i can share this info

·
1,987 Posts
You might see the Terms of Use Page linked at the bottom for info about copyrighted material. Under Submissions, it says this:

You may not - Use the Web Site to post or transmit any information, software or other material that violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material that is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or that is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or rights holder.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well that sucks, even more so since most other Forums allow their users to use 14 year old Shop Manuals within their own community

oh well

·
1,987 Posts
I gotcha. I have some resentment about that too. I've always felt it wasn't right that I should have to pay money to get a factory service manual. I think it should come with the car, just like the owner's manual does. If I were to buy a new Honda, I would require it as part of the sale. They don't even make it anymore, it's online, and after paying umpty thousand for the car they want to charge you for access to the manual? I don't think so. Free access for life, or no sale. It's a ripoff.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i understand from Honda's standpoint if its 2020 Service/Shop Manuals in pdf form being shared rampantly but like the

Honda Radio Code website....used to be 7th gen. Accord, it would require a call to a Honda Rep. who would then update owner info

after a few years, you could enter in your VIN, eMail, and get it instantly

the guys who work on cars or that "sweet spot" for DIY'ers is 8 years...being a 14 yr. old car, i would imagine it would be okay

1 - 11 of 11 Posts