Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm looking for recommendations for good independent shops near Abingdon, MD that specialize in Honda/Acura. My mom lives there and has a 2007 CR-V. She keeps getting ridiculous quotes for work from the dealer she's been taking it to. For example, she called me the other day saying that the dealer said it needs a new timing chain and harmonic balancer boot, among other things, for $1000.

Doesn't the CR-V use a K24 with a timing CHAIN? Same as my '09 Acura TSX.

Anyway, I'm a car guy and my mom is not a car guy...she's a mom.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am new to the Honda and CR-V world, but it might be worth coming south to Pasadena, MD in Anne Arundel County, to check out The Honda Man on Ritchie Highway. Over the last 15 years working at The Capital newspaper in Annapolis, many of my coworkers own Honda's and they all rave about The Honda Man. I have heard it for years. When it came time to buy a new car and I had my eye on a used 2010 CR-V from a local dealer, I brought it there to be checked. This was a service that usually cost $50. Talking with the service manager, mentioning all the names of friends who used them and how I would be to, they waived the fee. They also gave the car a thumbs up.

As I sat there watching regular customers come in, I could tell they were all happy with the place and how the people took care of them. Seems the service manager and workers got to know the customers and tried to take good care of them. Another woman came in complaining about a whooshing sound the car started having. One of the techs took it for a ride and told her the sun roof was a bit open, haha. No charge, not that there should be for something like that, but it was funny.

I have also been told, by my coworkers, that they do great work, only fix what needs fixing and charge way less than the dealerships for everything. I am hoping I only need them for regular maintenance. I am glad to hear that they are trustworthy and less than dealer for everything.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Check out Klausmeier & Sons off of Belair Rd. They are honest, upfront, and have very reasonable prices. Have been taking our vehicles their since the mid 90's.

Hi everyone, I'm looking for recommendations for good independent shops near Abingdon, MD that specialize in Honda/Acura. My mom lives there and has a 2007 CR-V. She keeps getting ridiculous quotes for work from the dealer she's been taking it to. For example, she called me the other day saying that the dealer said it needs a new timing chain and harmonic balancer boot, among other things, for $1000.

Doesn't the CR-V use a K24 with a timing CHAIN? Same as my '09 Acura TSX.

Anyway, I'm a car guy and my mom is not a car guy...she's a mom.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts