Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been considering a new vehicle, and had narrowed it down to a Honda Ridgeline Sport and a Toyota Tacoma SR V6 Access Cab.
I had an appointment this morning with the Honda dealer to look at the Ridgeline, and was going to stop by the Toyota dealer on the way home to look at the Tacoma. I was able to drive a Ridgeline, and when the sales guy asked me how I liked it I mentioned I was going to go drive a Tacoma, but that I was leaning towards the Ridgeline. He asked me how much time I had, and then had me drive the Ridgeline a bit down the road to their used car lot.

He had me wait with the Ridgeline, and came back a few minutes later driving a 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD double cab which he let me drive the same route we drove the Ridgeline. The Ridgeline is much quieter, handled smoother, and didn't bounce around as much as the Tacoma over the rough sections of road.

We had been talking about colors for the Ridgeline. The Sport only comes in white, black, and silver. I told him I wasn't interested in black, and wasn't sure about buying another white vehicle.

When we got back to the used car lot, he asked me to wait again, and then went in the back, and came back after a few minutes and asked me if I wanted to see a Ridgeline in white. They had just received a Ridgeline Sport in white. It still had some of the plastic protection film on some areas, and the seats still had plastic covering them.

We then went and talked numbers, and after he went out to look at my 2014 CR-V, they offered above the KBB value for the CR-V, and there is $4,000 dealer "cash" available until the end of December on the Ridgeline. The final number they came up, including all taxes and fees, was just over $21,000 out the door. The price is good until Monday afternoon.

·
Administrator
3,436 Posts
You probably found the only guy in 100 miles with encyclopedic knowledge of the cars they had on the lot.
Pul the trigger!!!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
2019 Honda Passports can be purchased close to 8,000 below MSRP, as reported across various states on passportforums. The 2019 PP is identical to the 2020 PP and has all the new tech (Touring & Elite) the 2020 Ridgelines have, plus more since powered folding mirrors (..and more..) won't be on US sold RL's.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2019 Honda Passports can be purchased close to 8,000 below MSRP, as reported across various states on passportforums.
Since I have been looking for something with a truck bed, the Passport won't fit my needs, but thanks.

The 2020 ridgeline phases out the sport base infotaiment and 6 spd i believe and upgrades are standard.
check into that before u jump on the 2019 (if u care about that stuff)
I did ask the sales guy about 2020s, and he said they don't have any, and didn't think they have been released yet. I just checked their online inventory and they only have 2019s Ridgelines listed. I checked three other Honda dealers in Tennessee and none of them had any 2020 Ridgelines, although one had a "Coming Soon" page for the 2020 Ridgeline.

I also checked the automobiles.honda.com site and I do see the 2020 Ridgeline information, including information on the Ridgeline Sport model, so I'm not sure what you meant by "phases out the sport base"?

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
959 Posts
I'm not sure what you meant by "phases out the sport base"?
the 2019 sport comes with the smaller infotainment et

the 2020 will have the 8“ standard
if i read the article correctly plus other standard features since they are consolidating models.

good if u want a 2019 for the cheapest possible but 2020 might have more value on the backend because of all the new stuff included BUT you’ll pay more upfront.

either way its a great truck

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, now I understand.
And while I can see the utility of a larger touch screen, what that suggests to me is a higher replacement cost if it breaks. :)

·
Registered
2014 CR-V 2.0 Lifestyle
786 Posts
What's the function of the bed for you?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What's the function of the bed for you?
As I've been getting settled in my new house, several times I've found that my CR-V doesn't have enough capacity to haul things I need. In one case, I had to pay to have something delivered that would have fit in the bed of a Ridgeline.

And for hauling away yard debris. I now have two separate piles of rocks that need to be hauled off to the local dump. And while I could load them into the CR-V, I'd probably have to do it in several trips, rather than the one trip I'm expecting for the Ridgeline.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
I’d go for the PP (or keep the V) and rent a small utility trailer when needed. We got rid of a GMC Canyon p/u for the CRV and bought a HF folding utility trailer. So far, the V and trailer have done everything that the p/u did. Our V gets 26 mpg around town vs 12 mpg.?

·
Registered
2014 CR-V 2.0 Lifestyle
786 Posts
I have tried to come up with a reason to buy a pickup truck but as I already have a highly functional 5x10' trailer I've failed to do so.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Thanks everyone for the comments, feedback, and suggestions.
I'm going to call the sales guy tomorrow and let him know I want the white 2019 Ridgeline Sport.
You are killing us.........stop driving around long enough to post some pics??

·
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
3,151 Posts
Just remember that a truck comes with certain long term accessories like lower fuel mileage and friends/family who need free help moving. :giggle:

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Actually, after reading the comments here and thinking about them, I've decided to postpone buying a new vehicle for awhile. I like the 2019 Ridgeline a lot, but there are also things about it I don't like.

And yes the lower fuel mileage worries me.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Wait a bit for the CyberTruck. AWD, 4.9 sec 0-60, tow 14K lbs.?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't think so...

The starting price for the Tesla “Cybertruck” will be, per CNET, “$39,900… for the 250-mile range version that tows 7,500 pounds,” and “the mid-range Cybertruck” will cost $49,900. The top-range “tri-motor” goes for $69,900.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
You can easily price out a F150, Silverado or Ram for $70K today. Probably load up a Ridgeline Black Edition for $50K+.:eek: None of those will zippidie doo dah in <5 sec.....not even close. I’m old, but not dead yet......still thinking a CRV Type R would be nice. Something that will “haul the mail”......................very quickly and have some practicality.? Talk about practical, everybody should have Cadillac CTS-V.........a 200 mph 4 door sedan. Just a little humor there.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts