Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are considering a 2019 CR-V. I know the turbo engine has had issues in the past with oil/gas dilution but I heard that they fixed this in the 2019. We're thinking of going with the LX to stay clear of the problem. Should we still be concerned about the issue or has it been resolved? Should considering purchasing a 2019 CR-V at all?

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
I believe Gen 5 CRV sales will reach a million by the end of this year. Guess Honda is doing something right. 6 year power train warranty seems decent.

·
Registered
161 Posts
There are plenty of threads regarding this question that will answer your concerns, please use a search function next time

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife and I are considering a 2019 CR-V. I know the turbo engine has had issues in the past with oil/gas dilution but I heard that they fixed this in the 2019. We're thinking of going with the LX to stay clear of the problem. Should we still be concerned about the issue or has it been resolved? Should considering purchasing a 2019 CR-V at all?
I want to get the CRV too but I am waiting for 2020 model (MMC). Its only couple months away so worth the wait.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Like concu said, try to wait for the 2020 model year and see if it’s a better option for you. It’s any day now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
6,964 Posts
I agree with others... you are so close to the 2020 model rolling out.. I would try and wait for it as it is likely a mid life refresh with some modest new changes/features.

As for the issue with OD... even the 2.4s have been reported to have problems.. as are other manufacturers DI engines as well... like the CX5 from Mazda for example. Honestly... we don't see a lot of new complaints about it on the CRV (either here, nor on the NHTSA website) ... so it is likely mostly behind us now... though not non-existent.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Dealers may be offering some great discounts on '19s. I'd take a discount any day, over a plastic part being changed.:geek:

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have a 2019 CRV EX-L and love it. Rides nice, very quiet, roomy and all the safety features. As far as the turbo issue, I had a concern with that as well, but our dealer has a lifetime drivetrain warranty for all vehicles they sell, which includes the turbo. So it wasn't a conern. I understand many dealers offer this lifetime warranty as well, so you might want to check around or ask about it.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Judging from what we have seen it looks like the 2020 will only be slightly different from the 2019. If you can wait I would still wait on the 2020 as the resale value will be higher.

Rob

·
Registered
192 Posts
If you can get one (your color, your spec, your location) for a decent discount when the 2020s come out...yes. But I doubt the discount will be great. It's their most popular car, dealers don't deep discount them from what I've seen...

·
Registered
7 Posts
We bought the 19 CRV and love it. We have about 8,000 miles on it and see no indication of OD. Also, since. Ew we have averaged over 31 mpg. That's around town and some 70 mph highway driving.

·
Premium Member
2021 CR-V EXL Aegean Blue
30 Posts
I have a 2018 EX with the turbo and I haven't had any problems at all. I miss the power of the 6 cylinder engine in my Accord that I had before the CR-V, but they don't put a 6 in the CR-V and it was before they brought back the Passport. Overall, I'm happy with my CR-V.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
6,964 Posts
I have a 2018 EX with the turbo and I haven't had any problems at all. I miss the power of the 6 cylinder engine in my Accord that I had before the CR-V, but they don't put a 6 in the CR-V and it was before they brought back the Passport. Overall, I'm happy with my CR-V.
They don't put the 6 in Accords anymore either. It's been replaced with a 2.0 turbo.. which is actually a sleightly better engine then the old 6 in the Accord. I imagine the current Passport and Pilot may be the last generations with a 6 as well. Honda seems to be replacing all their higher end engines with smaller turbos now, in phases as new generations are released.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Make sure you do oil change every 3,000 miles on the turbo, not 6000 miles! The oil dilution will destroy your engine if you wait for it to fill up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts