Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just signed up as I'll be a CR-V owner soon. I'm looking to get some opinions and suggestions from you guys on my dilemma here.

I'm currently looking to buy a used 2004 CR-V. All I really care about right now is reliability and longevity. I have another (toy) car but I'm planning to use the CR-V for maybe daily driving and during the winter months. I have not done a car proof on either of them yet, but I will before I buy them.

I have two options:

Option 1: 2004 Honda CR-V with rebuilt status for $8920 with taxes included
- Has 127,000 kms on it (78,914 miles)
- The damage was apparently to the side of the car to repair the doors as explained by the dealer
- Heard the engine, no clicking, sounds quiet as I'd imagine it to
- Cloth interior

Option 2: 2004 Honda CR-V with clean title for $10080 with taxes included.
- Has 175,000 kms on it (108,740 miles)
- Fully loaded with leather and sunroof etc.
- Have not test-driven it yet

I took a look at this 'high mileage compilation' thread here:http://www.hondasuv.com/members/showthread.php?t=19365&page=2
just to get an idea of how long CR-Vs generally last but I'm still concerned.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I would opt for #2. I don't like rebuilt titles since you never know REALLY what occurred, was repaired, how well, etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd choose the first option, but probably because I bought 2004 CR-V myself 2 years ago, it was honda that had 75,000 mileage and accident front end damage which I had to repair. Does the car have salvage or rebuilt title by the way? Well anyway I think you should also test drive the second car, maybe have the cars checked be a mechanic and then decide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts