Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just bought a Certified 2010 CR-V LX with 47000 kms ( 29300 miles) from a dealership. The car is in mint shape, and I was wondering if it is worth paying $1800 for a two-year-comprehensive warranty. From what I have read about this car, there shouldn't be any major issues till get into 100k mark, which would take me way more than two years....also, is there anything else I should look out for before I pick up this car?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
If you feel you need one, which personally I don't think you do with most Honda's, negotiate for a better price. That's high for just 2 years.

Congrats on the purchase.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Check the internet for a genuine Honda warranty. There are several dealers that sell over the web at considerable discount. I would not buy an aftermarket warranty, only Honda.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Certified Used Honda's here in the US of A come with an extended warrantee that usually goes out to 100k miles or 7 yrs from in service date IIRC. That being said we bought an extended for our '13 EX simply because of all the computers/electronics in it.
I'm pretty sure the drive train will easily make it to 200k without much more than regular maintenance.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
we bought an extended for our '13 EX simply because of all the computers/electronics in it.
Same here for the same reason. I shopped around online first though and got the cheapest price possible then took those printouts to the dealer and they matched it, considering they were trying to sell it to me originally for twice the price.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I got this back in the summer from Saccucci when I was shopping around for rates.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.