Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market to jump into a 2017 CR-V (loved my test drive). I can afford to wait a few months, but since I'll be financing I'm curious if Honda will offer Summer Sale type incentives such as 0% Financing (not sure how much of the incentives are from the dealer vs Honda directly)? I asked my local dealer and he said he didn't know, but said these CR-Vs are being sold like crazy so there's no reason for much incentives be offered.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I don't know how anyone would know. Auto dealers don't pre-announce stuff like this as it would be a disincentive to purchasing now. And, yes, the CRV is selling like hotcakes at a lumber camp and that makes it more unlikely. In any event, if you can afford to wait, then wait!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Impossible to predict; depends on nothing more or less than how they happen to be selling at the time vs. the then-current inventory and production schedule. Based on how things are going now, I would expect anything better than some mild financing incentives or very small rebates. (You ain't getting thousands off or 6 years at 0%, that's for sure.)

·
Registered
115 Posts
their sales are doing so well honda actually INCREASED the MSRP by $200 in Canada in April. I too was holding out for a cash incentive but my car was dying so i just bought the CRV. I guess I saved $200 lol. I'm sure there will be year end clearance sales if you can wait that long

·
Registered
65 Posts
their sales are doing so well honda actually INCREASED the MSRP by $200 in Canada in April. I too was holding out for a cash incentive but my car was dying so i just bought the CRV. I guess I saved $200 lol. I'm sure there will be year end clearance sales if you can wait that long
I kind of heard the same about the price hike from the dealer when i brought my car , since i discussed and almost agreed on the price in March 3rd week there was no change in price when i brought it in April 1st week.

If you can wait and not in a need for a new car then wait till July 1st week , you should do that because more 2017 Mazda CX5 will be available at that time and things may change to have more sales against the competitor - just my opinion.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Coincidentally i've been invited to test drive the new CX-5 at a track in a couple weeks. My friend just bought a mazda and was invited so im tagging along. They say they will have a "competitor" for us to try at the track as well. I wonder if it'll be a CRV...would love to take the CRV onto a track (as long as its not my own CRV lol)

·
Registered
623 Posts
Coincidentally i've been invited to test drive the new CX-5 at a track in a couple weeks. My friend just bought a mazda and was invited so im tagging along. They say they will have a "competitor" for us to try at the track as well. I wonder if it'll be a CRV...would love to take the CRV onto a track (as long as its not my own CRV lol)
You're not in southside Va by any chance? I live near VIR and know that they have manf. there from time to time. Also, my good friend just bought a CX-5 in Jan. I saw a new one last wk and it looks pretty good but I don't think the rear storage is large enough for my needs. Supposed to be very fun to drive though.

·
Registered
115 Posts
You're not in southside Va by any chance? I live near VIR and know that they have manf. there from time to time. Also, my good friend just bought a CX-5 in Jan. I saw a new one last wk and it looks pretty good but I don't think the rear storage is large enough for my needs. Supposed to be very fun to drive though.
Nope im in Vancouver, BC, canada. Apparently there will be a MX-5 to test as well on the track.

·
Registered
430 Posts
US auto sales have peaked and incentives were up in March. Chances are good that you may be able to get a better price this summer.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had tried to find a history of Honda incentives from previous years, but could not find anything. What I did find however is that according to goodcarbadcar.net, the Summer months (+ December) have the highest volume of CR-V sales, and this year looks like it will break records for CR-V sales easily. I can't post links yet (still a newbie), but this seems to at least validate that indeed these cars truly are flying off the lots, and the summer months have highest volume (not sure if this means there are regularly incentives during these months to help make that happen or not).

·
Registered
184 Posts
I think Honda in general rarely discounts vehicles unless they have a plethora of the previous model year when new one comes out. Lets face it generally they don't have to! I always feel bad for my loyal Ford buddy who will buy the brand spanking new F150 then by end of model year they are discounting like 10 grand! They heavy discount across entire line at years end do you ever notice that!

·
Registered
430 Posts
If you look at the 2017 pricing thread, you are definitely seeing bigger discounts in the past month, few getting over $3000 in a touring trim.

As a slow down in the industry is predicted for the rest of the year, the president of US Toyota was recently quoted "discounts are higher than we have ever experienced". Although CR-Vs are currently selling well, I think downward pricing pressure from competitors will affect Honda.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you look at the 2017 pricing thread, you are definitely seeing bigger discounts in the past month, few getting over $3000 in a touring trim.

As a slow down in the industry is predicted for the rest of the year, the president of US Toyota was recently quoted "discounts are higher than we have ever experienced". Although CR-Vs are currently selling well, I think downward pricing pressure from competitors will affect Honda.

Totally agreed. Let few more updated models arrive and we will surely see the deals like 0% financing etc. Personally I would decide the price I want to pay and start bargaining over email. Give preference to those dealers who are in smaller neighbouring cities vs say in a prime location like Seattle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts