Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, pardon me if this post is very silly.
I have 2017 CR-V EX AWD, which I leased, I have been seeing lots complain about the 1.5T engine, like OD, heating, reliability.
After reading all these issues, I'm very disturbed as well worried to buyout my leased car. My car doesn't have any mechanical problem, I saw little increased oil level. So far no issues.

Do you think it will be wise decision to keep my leased car? Please advise.

Thanks,
AW

·
Registered
271 Posts
If you like the car and no OD issue or other issues then buy it, better than getting a new crv, if you still like crv, and won't be sure if there will be OD or other issues

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
after 27 months I have only 9300 miles! The buyout is 19k USD.
It's usually never wise to buyout a lease, unless you are WAY under in miles.
After 27 months I have only 9300 miles! The buyout is 19k USD.
You can trade in a lease return to a dealer they get the tax savings ( varies per state) and you’ll have equity to roll into a new lease or car.

Also if u go to honda or Acura foe another lease (or buy)you’ll get damage allowance doubled n other fees waived

But id keep it, you drive like us lol
We only have 11k on ours and have had ours 19 months absolutely trouble free and its paid off & thats with a nj to fla trip and upstate a few times lol

Just noticed your in staten, we just moved to nj from there

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,882 Posts
In my view.. NEVER ask an internet forum about what you personally should do... no matter what the topic might be. You will simply get a full range of opinions.... and no real clarity. Nobody here lives your life, but you. :)

Instead.. ask yourself specific questions and based on the answers to yourself.... make a personal decision. Such as...... for example....

Do you like the car?
Do you generally convert leases to buyouts?
Are you prone to worry over everything you read on the internet?
Is there some other vehicle you may like more and should consider a new purchase (or lease) when your lease expires?

You self admit you do not experience abnormal OD on your leased vehicle and know of no other mechanical issues.... so answering basic core questions from yourself to yourself is the way to go here.

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
4,944 Posts
Everything I read on this forum and what people say. is Enough said.

I have purchased my Lease out on A Car. no issues at all. some general stuff like maintenance. You have Options whatever you personally do great on that note enjoy the car

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
In my view.. NEVER ask an internet forum about what you personally should do... no matter what the topic might be. You will simply get a full range of opinions.... and no real clarity. Nobody here lives your life, but you. :) ...........

Sounds like good advice to me. Most financial advisors call them a fleece.:nod:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts