Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, new to the forum and also crv ownership,.just bought an 01 5 speed with 180k for $1900. its been somewhat neglected so im doing a bunch of rutene majntanance for the mielage.

timing belt, water pump, valve adjustment, thermostat, plugs / wires / cap / rotor, oil change, rear diff fluid change (yes i got the honda stuff), and discovered the engine mounts, crankshaft and camshaft oil seals need to be done jn the process.

so while im waiting for those parts im surfing the forums and i read its suggested to adjust the intake valves on the tight end of the spec (.003) and the exhaust on the loose side (.008). well i already finished the valve adjustment, but the valve cover is still off. i adjusted them both right in the middle (.004 and .007) wondering if itd be worth it to go back and re adjust them, and how much people recomend doing the loose / tight thing in the first place. i intend to do the adjustment every 30k fyi.

also just wondering if theres anything else i should be doing at this milage? i know that nothing except regular oil changes have been done in the last 80k

·
Registered
244 Posts
I did mine the tighter end of spec for intakes and looser end of spec for exhaust. That was just my preference.
I think you are good where you set them. They are still within spec.
Maybe change the gearbox fluid.
I had to do it when I got mine and wasn't terrible but did not have any record when it was done. I just bought a couple quarts of honda mt fluid at the dealer along with the crush washers.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
As what Roadslug mentioned your in the right direction. Be sure that it's done when the engine is stone cold. Don't forget to change the power steering fluid & rear diff fluid. Only use Honda Dual pump fluid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts