Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I’m new to this forum and wanted to ask advice. I’m considering trading my 2011 ex crv 145k mi. in for a 2020 exl crv hybrid. I’m not having any issues except possibly the AC because it sometimes makes a hissing noise like a vacuum hose. it has had the brakes worked on recently and has Michelin tires that are about 1.5 yrs old. Are there any problems that commonly start appearing at this point on this model? Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Welcome... I see its your first post.....

It all depends on your unique wants and wallet depth. For me, I'd drive all my vehicles to the "edge" before dumping it. Since your current 2011 vehicle has new brakes, new tires and all other items are working, I'd keep it. Keep driving it until its stacked up repairs are more costly than its trade in credit dollar value. Keep money in one's wallet until our current Covid-19 battle is over. Each person has different ideas.....

If wondering, my last traded in vehicle needed brakes, needed wheel bearings, needed steering rack replacement. It also needed tranny fluid replacement and ATF replacement as well. And, new muffler system as well. Way too costly to fix - to bring it back to 100% working condition. Thus, it finally got "traded in" like an ex-wife. LOL!

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,111 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Me, I'd fix current issues and keep driving it for as long as it is financially feasible. It can last a lot longer, up to 250-300k, and you can always make this decision later.

Reactions: udraft

·
Super Moderator
1,964 Posts
We are happy that the input was helpful!

Treating yourself to a modest priced accessory/upgrade will make you fell real good. Perhaps new cushy floor mats? Something that you will see every time you get in the car.

·
Not-a-Mechanic
416 Posts
Some of the new features, crash detention, lane detection, are scary when they fail, dealers unable to repair. You'll want to hold off on that upgrade.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We are happy that the input was helpful!

Treating yourself to a modest priced accessory/upgrade will make you fell real good. Perhaps new cushy floor mats? Something that you will see every time you get in the car.
That’s always A good idea!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some of the new features, crash detention, lane detection, are scary when they fail, dealers unable to repair. You'll want to hold off on that upgrade.
That is scary and I definitely didn’t think of that

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,111 Posts
If Honda wants to sell me a new CR-V, they will stop with the ridiculous gimmickry. They will give me back the reliable 2.4L, without the direct injection, with the option of a manual transmission or 5-speed automatic behind it, and actual four wheel drive. Then they will make the car way quieter with better insulation, and install more comfortable seats with better materials, and a dash that accommodates an aftermarket 10.1" wide screen head unit and amp, with better speakers. In other words, an actual upgrade. Oh, and make the back seats fold flat. And use better quality door lock actuators. And equal length wipers. And a lifetime free access pass to the factory service manual. Until they give me those things, I'm better off in my '07, which is a better car than a 2020. And its paid for. The fact that they have not done any of this is ample proof that they are not in touch with the market at all, and it's costing them a lot of business they would otherwise have.

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Touring Hybrid
95 Posts
If Honda wants to sell me a new CR-V, they will stop with the ridiculous gimmickry. They will give me back the reliable 2.4L, without the direct injection, with the option of a manual transmission or 5-speed automatic behind it, and actual four wheel drive. Then they will make the car way quieter with better insulation, and install more comfortable seats with better materials, and a dash that accommodates an aftermarket 10.1" wide screen head unit and amp, with better speakers. In other words, an actual upgrade. Oh, and make the back seats fold flat. And use better quality door lock actuators. And equal length wipers. And a lifetime free access pass to the factory service manual. Until they give me those things, I'm better off in my '07, which is a better car than a 2020. And its paid for. The fact that they have not done any of this is ample proof that they are not in touch with the market at all, and it's costing them a lot of business they would otherwise have.
I don’t know, interior quality, quiet ride, seat comfort, infotainment system and stereo quality are all light years ahead on my 2020 vs my prior 2003 or 2012 CRVs. Otherwise, when I was looking, I would have bought another Audi, which is what I traded for the CRV. So they gained at least one customer with the upgrades.

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,111 Posts
I gotcha. I haven't driven a 2020, but I have driven a 2019, and I didn't like the seats or the sound quality and integration, or the road noise. But then I'm a crochety old cuss, and damn picky. :oops:

·
Registered
222 Posts
I would keep it. Honda has been doing a lot of 'experimenting' with new technologies; however, I really like the Earth Dreams 2.4 and Second Generation CVT in my 2016. The acceleration is really good, and the mileage is great! I don't know why Honda decided to go with simulated shifts in the 5th generation, but they should've kept it the way it was in 2016. I also think they should get rid of the LKA, ACC, wireless charger, automated parking brake etc... I don't want any of that. I think they should've given the CR-V the Turbo K20 engine from the RDX and a Third Generation CVT as an optional powertrain.

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Touring Hybrid
95 Posts
I would keep it. Honda has been doing a lot of 'experimenting' with new technologies; however, I really like the Earth Dreams 2.4 and Second Generation CVT in my 2016. The acceleration is really good, and the mileage is great! I don't know why Honda decided to go with simulated shifts in the 5th generation, but they should've kept it the way it was in 2016. I also think they should get rid of the LKA, ACC, wireless charger, automated parking brake etc... I don't want any of that. I think they should've given the CR-V the Turbo K20 engine from the RDX and a Third Generation CVT as an optional powertrain.
If they got rid of all the things you mention, I’d be driving an Audi.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts