Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

1. I have Touring 2018 model and navigation system guidance going on top of any music. Should car reduce music volume when guidance is speaking?

For example I'm listening to loud music and then navigation system saying that I should turn left in 1 mile. And due to loud music I cannot hear it properly even guidance volume is at max (11). And if I compare with my phone when I play any music and any navigation software saying anything then music volume will be reduced a lot so I can hear it. And I would like similar behavior in my car.
Just in case music is from Sirius XM, navigation is standard in car and I did reboot head unit.

2. And is guidance suppose to play only from left driver speaker? Is it by design?

I appreciate any information as I did read manual and I couldn't find answers.

·
Registered
527 Posts
You can adjust the volume on the navigation turn announcements..

But I don't believe it overrides the stereo volume.

Too bad for those us who like to rock! :)

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi

1. I have Touring 2018 model and navigation system guidance going on top of any music. Should car reduce music volume when guidance is speaking?

For example I'm listening to loud music and then navigation system saying that I should turn left in 1 mile. And due to loud music I cannot hear it properly even guidance volume is at max (11). And if I compare with my phone when I play any music and any navigation software saying anything then music volume will be reduced a lot so I can hear it. And I would like similar behavior in my car.
Just in case music is from Sirius XM, navigation is standard in car and I did reboot head unit.

2. And is guidance suppose to play only from left driver speaker? Is it by design?

I appreciate any information as I did read manual and I couldn't find answers.
I have the same complaint and am in dispute with Honda UK over it. Their stance, after testing in the dealer's workshop, is that the system is configured and functioning as designed i,e. the user setting is 11 and the "hidden" value for level 11 is set to its max of 56 (whatever that means). In previous CRVs that I have owned, the system lowered the volume of any music etc playing on the right hand speaker (I'm UK based so it would be left hand in US) so that the guidance message can be heard. On the current 5th Gen Hybrid EX this reduction does not exist. Also adjusting the level of the guidance message when spoken using either the volume knob or the +/- wheel control makes no difference. It seems that Honda have removed a previous valuable facility. NOT HAPPY

1 - 4 of 4 Posts