Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new 2017 EX-L. The car is great so far except for one thing. I'm only 5' tall so the seat is adjusted fairly far forward and set high. As a result, the shoulder strap cuts into my neck. The strap is adjusted to the lowest position on the pillar. Is there any other thing that can be done, maybe an after-market device or other trick?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Go to Advance auto, AutoZone or any parts place and get a sheepskin seatbelt pad. It fits with velcro on any spot you want to locate it. Probably cost 5-6 dollars. I assume you've lowered the seat belt retractor thing on the pillar all the way down?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am 5' as well and have to push the seat all the way forward. Also raise it up higher. I don't have any issue with the seatbelt though. But the seatbelt pad should help.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
You might search Amazon for this: Masterlink Marketing Black Seatbelt Adjuster.
I've used it successfully.
That does not look safe. I'd be especially concerned how it would render the seatbelt pretensioners ineffective. That little clip would be unlikely to sustain both impact forces and the force exerted by the pretensioner (which uses an explosive charge to retract the seatbelt in the case of an accident.) When the clip broke, there would now be several inches of slack in the belt that shouldn't be there.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just bought a new 2017 EX-L. The car is great so far except for one thing. I'm only 5' tall so the seat is adjusted fairly far forward and set high. As a result, the shoulder strap cuts into my neck. The strap is adjusted to the lowest position on the pillar. Is there any other thing that can be done, maybe an after-market device or other trick?
have you tried a wedge cushion to get you higher in the seat? in my old CRV I added a wedge cushion to keep my knees higher than my waist. I'm 5'11" and it did help for long drives. my 2017 EXL has a slightly longer seat so I might be OK without it. but give it a try. a simple foam cube cut across top diagonally to bottom front. I wrapped mine in an old pillow case until I decided it was OK.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
have you tried a wedge cushion to get you higher in the seat? in my old CRV I added a wedge cushion to keep my knees higher than my waist. I'm 5'11" and it did help for long drives. my 2017 EXL has a slightly longer seat so I might be OK without it. but give it a try. a simple foam cube cut across top diagonally to bottom front. I wrapped mine in an old pillow case until I decided it was OK.
I don't understand why I would want to do that? The seat height and forward position is perfect. This is just a seatbelt issue with the shoulder strap coming across my body too close to my neck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts