Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was thinking that since there seemed to be a large number of cyclist on the forum, that we should show off our rigs. I will start it off.

I will say, these are only a 3 of my 5 bikes. It started to rain (again) before I could get the other 2 photoed.

Here is my 2005 Giant OCR Elite road bike. Its a carbon/aluminum frame. I have Mavic Cosmos wheels and Shimano Ultegra/ 105 Drive train

This is my all time favorite bike ever. It is a 2007 Redline Monocog 29er. It has WTB disk hubs laced to Alex rims, Hayse So1e hydraulic disk brakes, Ritchy comp bars and Pedro's lock on Grips.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
another one

Here is my 1970's Nishiki Lugged steel frame SS roadbike. I set it up to be a campus bike for me. Simple and not flashy at all. I have a vintage Brooks B.15 saddle, bull horn bars and a single rear brake. Being steel, it rides so smooth. The single speed means that I have to push the peddles, I cant shift and spin when I have to climb. It is a great bike around campus.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That looks like a sweet TT rig. What is the setup? Can we get a shot of both of them with a parts list?

I really would love a TT bike, I just need more money and a better place to TT. I do live in the hills.

·
Registered
180 Posts
That looks like a sweet TT rig. What is the setup? Can we get a shot of both of them with a parts list?

I really would love a TT bike, I just need more money and a better place to TT. I do live in the hills.
damn u, u gave me homework.
give me an hour,the battery ran out of my camera

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And I expect it done right.

But thanks. I love bikes and riding. Most of my bikes have some interesting story behind them and how I got them.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Some More...

Mongoose BMX

Old School GT Vertigo

Felt F4

Cove Fourplay

Fuji Road bike, Trek Mountain Track, Moms Huffy Cruiser (all upside down in garage)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is a serious bike collection. I thought I had it bad. It makes me happy to see someone else out there that has loads of bikes.

Where do you live? I did notice a rather large number of free ride/downhill/all mtn stuff.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I live in Milford MA. 40 minutes from Boston. Its a hour 45 minute ride to Highland Mountian, hour ride to Lynn woods, 5 minute ride to Vietnam (my home trails), and a 2 min ride to go to the Back Nine (my local dirt jumps). I do have alot but it keeps my 17 year old body in great shape and i am love cycling. I personally think if you participate in different aspects of cycling the better you are going to be at all different types of riding.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I live in Milford MA. 40 minutes from Boston. Its a hour 45 minute ride to Highland Mountian, hour ride to Lynn woods, 5 minute ride to Vietnam (my home trails), and a 2 min ride to go to the Back Nine (my local dirt jumps). I do have alot but it keeps my 17 year old body in great shape and i am love cycling. I personally think if you participate in different aspects of cycling the better you are going to be at all different types of riding.
I hear you. I mainly do road riding, just because I can leave my house and ride evrey direction and knock out killer loops with mileage from 20 all the way up over 100.

I love my Monocog 29er SS and the way it rides on singletrack. I do have some great trails with in easy driving distance, but I dont have the cash for the gas to drive out there often.

And both of these styles of riding help me in Cross. (which is insane)

Biking is what is going to help me get from great football shape (6'4", 280lbs) into healthy life shape (somewhere around 240-250)

1 - 20 of 127 Posts