Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Show off your bikes

Tags
bikes show
68K views 136 replies 56 participants last post by  Wildcat 
#1 · (Edited)
I was thinking that since there seemed to be a large number of cyclist on the forum, that we should show off our rigs. I will start it off.

I will say, these are only a 3 of my 5 bikes. It started to rain (again) before I could get the other 2 photoed.

Here is my 2005 Giant OCR Elite road bike. Its a carbon/aluminum frame. I have Mavic Cosmos wheels and Shimano Ultegra/ 105 Drive train

This is my all time favorite bike ever. It is a 2007 Redline Monocog 29er. It has WTB disk hubs laced to Alex rims, Hayse So1e hydraulic disk brakes, Ritchy comp bars and Pedro's lock on Grips.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
another one

Here is my 1970's Nishiki Lugged steel frame SS roadbike. I set it up to be a campus bike for me. Simple and not flashy at all. I have a vintage Brooks B.15 saddle, bull horn bars and a single rear brake. Being steel, it rides so smooth. The single speed means that I have to push the peddles, I cant shift and spin when I have to climb. It is a great bike around campus.

#4 ·
That looks like a sweet TT rig. What is the setup? Can we get a shot of both of them with a parts list?

I really would love a TT bike, I just need more money and a better place to TT. I do live in the hills.

#16 ·
That is a serious bike collection. I thought I had it bad. It makes me happy to see someone else out there that has loads of bikes.

Where do you live? I did notice a rather large number of free ride/downhill/all mtn stuff.

#17 ·
I live in Milford MA. 40 minutes from Boston. Its a hour 45 minute ride to Highland Mountian, hour ride to Lynn woods, 5 minute ride to Vietnam (my home trails), and a 2 min ride to go to the Back Nine (my local dirt jumps). I do have alot but it keeps my 17 year old body in great shape and i am love cycling. I personally think if you participate in different aspects of cycling the better you are going to be at all different types of riding.

#20 ·
I hear you. I mainly do road riding, just because I can leave my house and ride evrey direction and knock out killer loops with mileage from 20 all the way up over 100.

I love my Monocog 29er SS and the way it rides on singletrack. I do have some great trails with in easy driving distance, but I dont have the cash for the gas to drive out there often.

And both of these styles of riding help me in Cross. (which is insane)

Biking is what is going to help me get from great football shape (6'4", 280lbs) into healthy life shape (somewhere around 240-250)

#21 ·
I really havent give road biking a solid chance. Its sketchy around here because there is not much of a shoulder on the road and people suck at driving. And the New England weather beats these roads up real bad and the pot holes will swallow your wheel real easy if you arent paying attention

#22 ·
I know that. When I head up the mountain to ride, I make sure to take my heavy, super strong wheel set. I have seen pot holes as big as me in the middle of 6 mile descents where its nothing to top 50mph.

And I never ride on the shoulder unless I am on one of the major 4+ lane highways. Southern ******** in their jacked up tricks have a hard time driving too. I have had 2 friends get hit by drivers in the last year and some change.

But its just so much fun bombing a descent and having a car try to keep up with you. The look on a drivers face when you pass them is priceless.

#24 · (Edited)
Took my Schwinn CrissCross hybrid bike and my Marin Verona road bike to the beach last week with an old Thule 4 bike rack attached to the new Valley Tow 2" receiver I installed on the new 2009 CR-V EX and rented two comfort bikes for the wife and daughter while my son and I rode these. Probably could have bought two beater bikes for the $50 it cost to rent two for a week, but I guess you are really paying not to have to bring them and take them back.

#29 ·
I think getting messed up is sort of a false statement. Most people get messed up RACING downhill. If you just ride downhill like a weekend warrior you will not really get messed up unless you go beyond your ability. Like hitting the black diamonds first run and going full blast without riding the trail ever before. That is what i think but it also might be because i am young :D

#30 ·
Dude, I am 20. I have seen some people my age get messed up on flukes. I played college football for 2 seasons (before my back crapped out) and I am lucky to make it out of that without any serious injuries. I have seen some of my buddies doing downhill who are damn good downhillers get throttled, just on a fluke.

I love speed, and the rush you get, but I dont love the pain that it could bring. I feel just as much rush bombing down some of the mountain roads around me. True I could get messed up here too, but I am in total control and feel more comfortable on my road bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.