Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

81 - 100 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Thanks for your suggestion. But I'd like see more inputs.
then go to a few different shops. That is how I gleaned the information I have, spending time talking to shop mechanics and employees. There are a lot of bikes out there.

There are also a lot of different factors that go into buying a bike. Your skill level, your budget, the type of riding you want to do, where you live. All of these thing matter in the decision.

I could sit here and tell you you need a Niner Air Nine Carbon or a Specialized S-Works Stumpjumper 29er, and I can tell you that unless you drop tons of money on a bike, you will not have a good bike. And for all you know I am right. You know what you want to get out of a bike. Research is your friend. You are already on one forum, why not join up a cycling specific forum? There is tons of information on the net about bikes with reviews and opinions.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ponti 33609, your Guzzi rocks. I had that same model and year in black. In a moment of insanity I let it go.

Here's my most recent ride:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here are a few of my bikes....
2010 Trek 2.1 Pilot

2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29er

2009 Trek Calypso

2005 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe

·
Registered
302 Posts
my brother and I share both bikes.....
one is for street/cruising and the other is our track bike:

track bike has a single tone color now... no new pics since both are kept in my garage...

·
Registered
25 Posts
We have 3 Cannondales, including a tandem plus a Sun EZ-1 Recumbent hanging in the garage, but they have been gathering dust since we bought the Wing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine's a 1985 Centurion Elite RS. All Shimano 600 components except for the Shimano 2200 Cassette when I put the new wheelset (Mavic Aksium). The saddle is a Fizik Aliante. It's a vintage bike that I modernized to compete, but I'm going to restore it back to it's vintage glory once I buy my next bike (Cervelo S1).

·
Registered
44 Posts
My 2008 Giant Reign 1
Upgrades include:
Hope Tech M4 Brakes front and back
Stans No tubes ZTR Olmpic Wheelset with WTB LaserDisc Lite hubs and DT Swiss Super Competion Spokes
Panaracer XC fire pro wheels
XO Cassette
Sram Hollow pin quick release chain
Lizard Skin clamp on grips
Tioga Twin Tale Spyder Saddle
Crank Bros Split skewers
Crank Bro Egg beater pedals.
Stock weight 31.2 lbs NEW weight 27.8 pounds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Haven't even ridden it yet...
...and ridden it a lot!

I currently have 5 bikes, some get their share of riding more than others.

·
Registered
37 Posts
im wanting to start gettin into mountain biking, theres a trail just a mile from my house and its supposedly one of the best in oklahoma. i found my ol mongoose d40r from 6th grade (1999) sittin in my dads shed. the pic isnt actually my bike, mines torn apart right now because im doing a single speed conversion on it. ill post another pic when im done.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have bicycles too but not any pics of them. I just built up an old Diamondback Master TG frame with a mixture of vintage and modern parts. But here is my fast bike...
IMG_5858.jpg

81 - 100 of 127 Posts