Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got an '07 4WD CR-V that I just bought. Has about 28k and I didn't notice it when i bought it, but it has that shudder when you turn the wheel sharply. I understand it's the old fluid in the diff. There's no way I can tell whether or not it has been changed before, but the honda dealer insists that it never has and that i need to take it in and pay for the fluid to get changed and the clutch pack burnished. Its $200 by the way. What should I do? Should this be covered under warranty? And if it should and they are saying its negligence, isn't it on them to prove, or me to believe them that it has never been changed? Also, what does honda say is the interval for diff fluid change?

edit:Oh, and I have no problem changing the fluid myself. I'm just wondering if I should bother before trying to get the dealer to do it and burnish the clutches too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
4WD Rear Diff

Change the rear differential dual pump fluid. This was a problem on the Elements with 4WD also. Change the fluid and it will go away guarenteed. Have your local mechanic do it not the dealer. Make sure that you get the Honda DUAL PUMP II fluid. The original DUAL PUMP fluid had problems with breaking down after 30K miles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts