Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went on a ~1000 mile road trip this past weekend, and twice while driving the "side air bag off" light on the cluster came on. First time for just a few minutes, second time quite bit longer but then it went out. Hasn't come back on since.

Anyone else seen this or know what the issue might be? I haven't had a chance to call the dealer yet but I'll try to do it Friday.

Thanks!

·
Everything in Moderation
7,605 Posts
Is that the light for the passenger seat, or is there a separate light for the high mounted curtain airbags on your 2012 EX?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
This is separate from the passenger air bag light in the center console. This is on the instrument cluster, just below the right turn signal indicator, and says "Side Airbag Off". Just found this in the owner manual:
This indicator comes on if the passenger's side
airbag has been turned off because the
passenger is too small to be sitting in the front
seat, is slouching or not sitting upright, or has
leaned into the airbag's deployment path.
Pretty sure my wife was just sitting upright both times it came on, and at 5'6" and 125 lbs is not too small. I'd love to tell her she has to sit in the back, but I don't expect that will go over well since it's her car.

Now that I know what it is, if it comes on again I'll look at what my wife is doing. If she's sitting up in the seat I'll know I need to get the seat sensors checked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts