Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the blind spot sensors are located? My blind spot warning has started to randomly go off when there isn't anything in the blind spot. I am wondering if the sensors might need cleaning?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
They are located inside the rear bumper cover. But don’t go mucking with them; take a couple pictures with your phone to show they are on the fritz and let the dealer deal with it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have that on my driver's side too. Most of the time, it's a stationary object like a sign or guide rail that I drive past, but it does seem to happen randomly as well (or it's picking up something I haven't noticed).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Same here. Driver's side - randomly coming on for a second. Seems more often when the engine is still cold but it could just be that I recently noticed it as the weather got colder in Toronto.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Blind spot monitor

Put me down for driver side blind spot monitor randomly coming on on 2017 Touring. Just started about two weeks ago. Car is 9 months old with about 17,500 miles.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Put me down for driver side blind spot monitor randomly coming on on 2017 Touring. Just started about two weeks ago. Car is 9 months old with about 17,500 miles.
2017 CRV Touring - 5500 miles - blind spot warning on driver's side comes on randomly. Seems most often it is shortly after starting out, but on occasion has come on mid-trip.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Page 93 in the MM. Bindspot indicator flashes briefly when ignition turned to “on” mode then goes out. Same as all of the other dash indicators.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Page 93 in the MM. Bindspot indicator flashes briefly when ignition turned to “on” mode then goes out. Same as all of the other dash indicators.
The above people are saying when driving. Not right after starting the car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The above people are saying when driving. Not right after starting the car.
well after starting the vehicle the blind spot warning goes off. There does not seem to be any relationship to when or where. It goes off on wide roads, narrow roads, wet weather, dry weather on and on.

2017 CR_V Touring

·
Registered
36 Posts
well after starting the vehicle the blind spot warning goes off. There does not seem to be any relationship to when or where. It goes off on wide roads, narrow roads, wet weather, dry weather on and on.

2017 CR_V Touring
Can you not comprehend what they're saying? They're saying that the blind spot goes off WHILE DRIVING. Not when they start the car up...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine stopped working for a few days. It started about 2 days after getting a little snow. After it rained evening returned to normal and the issue has not duplicated in over a month. It also hasn't snowed since.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
For the first minute or so after a cold start, I'll sometimes see the light flicker when it shouldn't. Since I have no need to check blind spots within 60 seconds after leaving my driveway, this doesn't bother me so much. I figure that it might get worse as time goes on, and when that happens, I'll have the dealer look at it; until that point, there's no use. The dealer will just mark it "could not replicate" and send me home if I were to take it in now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts