Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a new 2015 CRV LX AWD. The manual says to fold in side mirrors before taking through car wash. There is no explanation of how to do this and I can't figure it out. Do all CRV's have this feature?
Thank you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wish honda would make them power folding. Heck, I think Kia does it on some of their models. In Japan, its almost a standard option since streets are cramped, parking is cramped etc. I know I bought and installed a set of JDM folding mirrors on my Integra GSR 4 door in the early 2000's.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The question is, how many percentage of car owners in North America need the folding mirror feature? I will never use it.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
How many Americans need 4WD? Need 180+ HP? Need alloy wheels? Need sunroofs? Need electric seats? Need automatic transmissions? Need automatic climate control? Need [insert "need" here]? If needs drove our cars, we'd all be in buses.

In practice, I've had cars with this feature before, and in tight parking spaces (with high constant traffic), it's a worthwhile function. It definitely saves a few broken mirror skulls a year, in addition to avoiding a good amount of paint scratching. For those who only park in work garages, wide open super-walmart lots, and the like, will probably never see the point of such a feature. I don't blame their blissful ignorance, only their willful disparagement against the rest of us who may appreciate such a feature, already available on Ohio and Ontario built cars (export cars for different markets, same lines, same suppliers, same workers, same everything, except "market research" claims Americans don't "need" certain features).

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
you can't just order them and put them on, you need the wiring harness and the b-can unit to control them
If you are responding to my comment, I am aware they are not available as a plug and play. I should have clarified a little more, they should make an install package available for those who wish to have them.

·
Registered
72 Posts
How many Americans need 4WD? Need 180+ HP? Need alloy wheels? Need sunroofs? Need electric seats? Need automatic transmissions? Need automatic climate control? Need [insert "need" here]? If needs drove our cars, we'd all be in buses.

In practice, I've had cars with this feature before, and in tight parking spaces (with high constant traffic), it's a worthwhile function. It definitely saves a few broken mirror skulls a year, in addition to avoiding a good amount of paint scratching. For those who only park in work garages, wide open super-walmart lots, and the like, will probably never see the point of such a feature. I don't blame their blissful ignorance, only their willful disparagement against the rest of us who may appreciate such a feature, already available on Ohio and Ontario built cars (export cars for different markets, same lines, same suppliers, same workers, same everything, except "market research" claims Americans don't "need" certain features).
I just came back from Shanghai China and I can see why folding mirror option is valuable there. I rather have a auto foot sensor to lift the tailgate if both my hands are tied up carry something.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts