Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if i should get the Weather tech or the OEM rain guard's for my 2012 Honda CR-V. I've been told the OEM guards's make noise when you roll up the windows and it is annoying although I rather stay OEM I am not sure I can deal with the noise. Anyone with the visors please help????? How tough is it to install any of the visors and do they cause the windows to make noise when rolling up????!!!!?!?!?!!?!?

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I have the weathertech ones and like them quite a bit. They sit right in the window channel compared to the OEM ones that don't. No problems with mine and I think it gives it a sleeker look by sitting the channel.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I have Honda OEM ones on a Honda vehicle. I also have Weathertech ones on a different Honda vehicle. I prefer the weathertech ones. Way easier to install. Also, they can't leak like the OEM ones when it rains. Personally they look cleaner too as they don't stick out as far as the OEM one.

That's my 2 cents.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Weathertech on my CRV and my Scion tC. Love them cuz they sit in the channel so never have to worry about any leaking or tape issues. Plus it looks less bulky and doesn't interfer with the chrome window lining.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just finished installing Weather Tech wind deflectors on my baby. It was much easier to install than I expected. Glad I tried my myself instead of taking it to get installed, save myself $40. Also had my front windows tinted. I thought it looked odd for the back windows to be factory tinted and not the front ones.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the Weathertech ones. The ones for the front windows are great but the ones for the back windows don't seem to want to stay in place. They use tape to stay in place and it keeps unsticking and sliding down. Weathertech sent me new tape to put on but I don't think that's going to do much. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I have the Weathertech ones. The ones for the front windows are great but the ones for the back windows don't seem to want to stay in place. They use tape to stay in place and it keeps unsticking and sliding down. Weathertech sent me new tape to put on but I don't think that's going to do much. Any suggestions?
A little dab of auto GOOP works well, and it's like silicon, you can still peel and remove if you want to.

As far as noise, they all make noise, and even without them, with your windows down, there is still noise!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same issue, Amazon sent me a replacement pair and the rear window vents failed to stay in place. I may have to go OEM now, no other choice and not having vents is not an option.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts