Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's become quite apparent to me, that certain active members on this gen 5 forum are trying to silence others who have issues with their CR-V. Why is this allowed? On other car forums I'm a member of, moderators go out of their way to keep the civility. This is usually accomplished by warning the posters who become argumentative. I know I'm guilty of this, too, but my motivation to post has usually been a reaction to one of these "silencers".

People have real concerns and muting their voices does them a disservice. Unless this site is sponsored by Honda, I don't understand the way it's being moderated. I don't think I've ever seen a post deleted by a moderator. By locking every thread regarding certain issues, you're promoting chaos. People will just open a new thread and ride it out as long as they can, eventually resulting with the same outcome.

I've been a member here for 8 years and have never witnessed anything like this in the past. You know why? Because, there's never been an issue of this magnitude with the CR-V. It will pass, but putting a muzzle on the people experiencing it, is not a good way to go.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Yes, I agree. Just a few with an apparently strong bias and need to downplay known issues, redirect threads off topic, stoke/troll for arguments, etc. I've often wondered where the moderation is here. It's a sad state of affairs for an online enthusiast community. As is, I'm afraid there isn't much positive that can come from this forum.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Agreed, the last thread to get closed is a perfect example if one didn't have the problem they shouldn't have been posting in it or at least not only there to stir the ones that do. The mods are truly biased, why they continue to let a few get threads closed rather than stop them from posting in a thread. I will defiantly not frequent this site as much as I have in the past guess I was wrong about this site after all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
As a long time lurker it appears to me that at the first sign of discord the mods lock the topic. Seems like they don’t want discussion, “nothing new contributed”. I call “rubbish”. I’m active on 3 other forms where people are sent to “banned camp” when seriously crossing the line.
I am beginning to think that talk against Honda here is a no, no. Honda knew about this for a long time and did not want to act until pushed. When I recently went in to my dealer for an oil change (2014) I asked the service writer about gas in the oil on 2017/18s. I got the 1000 mile practiced stare. “Don’t know what you are talking about.”
Nothing new contributed here-lock it!!

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Free come with those Perks and they do need to be left at turn on button of whatever device you use. I use to be overly helpful the good old Hondasuv.com forum no longer R.I.P.

·
Registered
103 Posts
As someone who does not have a dog in this fight and really just come here everyday to see cool posts, potential issues etc...it kinda feels like the opposite to me. I've been thinking about just stopping coming to this forum until mid November when the fix is out. I'm not sure if I have the issue or not (oil level is a touch higher after 5k miles but no gas smell) and my heater works fine. I'm excited to test the heater when we drop to 15 degrees on Sunday here in Colorado.

With that said, from my non important perspective, I can't tell what's real and what's not from those who are posting who have problems or don't even own a 5th gen. The ones with the problems seem to be the most nasty on here (with the exception of some of course).

Would be nice to hear all voices, trying to keep the emotion out so the rest of us can enjoy the forum. Although, the drama is interesting too. Those who keep telling others to be quiet is pretty ironic because then it wouldn't be a forum, it would just be a fewer and fewer folks.

Anyway, like I said, I don't have a dog in this but hoping to keep coming here to learn about HD Radio installs, trailer hitches, how to clean the car and of course, to get it fixed up nice in mid November if it needs it.

·
Registered
450 Posts
The 2015s had (have) major vibration problems. They came up with a bandaid to "muffle it". Believe me, I was attacked if I said anything negative about my Honda on the forums.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Silence is not golden. Nor do I find overly controlling mods unacceptable.

Mods, I disagree with your constantly shutting down any posts on the Honda engine problem. I no longer want to be a member fo this forum.

I could not find anyway to delete my account myself.

Pls delete my account - Dstein.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Silence is not golden. Nor do I find overly controlling mods unacceptable.

Mods, I disagree with your constantly shutting down any posts on the Honda engine problem. I no longer want to be a member fo this forum.

I could not find anyway to delete my account myself.

Pls delete my account - Dstein.
mine to please

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,164 Posts
Sorry that you disagree with our handling of the discussion.

I have always been a proponent of discussion, but these long winded arguments (and nasty comments) don't do anything to help owners get the most out of their CR-Vs.

Personally I wish we only saw technical discussions...that is what I like the best.

PS: Several experienced members have stopped contributing to older Gen discussions just because they are criticized. Where to draw the line?

++++++++++

For those disenchanted, I suggest unsubscribing from any Forums and Threads that you no longer wish to monitor. (Thread tools, or forum tools)

I for one will miss you... :(

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I commend the our mods for the job they do.:doublethumb:

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
:jawdrop::popcorn::Notagain:

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,200 Posts
One of the many forums I'm currently a member of, has a quite different method of moderating. If a new member comes in and starts a new thread and asks a question about an issue they are having, they are (often times quite rudely) told there are other threads that cover that issue, they should do a search, and/or their thread is merged with an existing thread. Just a different way of moderating. Often times I think we here end up having too many similar threads, but in reality, why let a new member think their thread isn't as important as anyone else's? It's a completely different story when new threads end up being the back and forth with the same old long winded and often times nasty arguments.

Remember, forums are owned by "someone" and it's purpose it to make money. We see it as a place to share with other like-minded individuals. They make the rules, and have volunteers that do the moderating. It is NOT an easy job, and can be very time consuming. Remember, we are all here by choice.

When the CR article came out, I felt a sadness for the mods, as I know from personal experience that that signaled a huge increase in the amount of work they would be doing here, at least for awhile.

Mods, keep up, the great work.

Thank you!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Agreed, the last thread to get closed is a perfect example if one didn't have the problem they shouldn't have been posting in it or at least not only there to stir the ones that do. The mods are truly biased, why they continue to let a few get threads closed rather than stop them from posting in a thread. I will defiantly not frequent this site as much as I have in the past guess I was wrong about this site after all.[

AGREED

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
At the end of the day, its a free forum and how its run on a particular topic doesnt bother me.

There is more info and help on various topics then an issue that hasn’t put a car out of commission yet..

I can see why people are mad the threads are locked but in the grand scheme of things, its really not that serious

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.