Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Sirius XM trial

812 25
I picked up my 23 CRV on Dec. 31 and my Sirius XM stopped its trial yesterday Jan.21. I thought I was to get 90 days. What did others get?
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
'18 CR-V Ex-L AWD
1,654 Posts
90 day trial.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sirius update--I had to call them and explain I lost my trial subscription. They gave me 3 months for $2. I need to call back before the 3-month trial expires so they don't put me in one of their overpriced plans. They did offer me 1 year for $72 but I would not get the 3-month trial.

· Registered
2015 CR-V EXL AWD; 2019 CR-V EXL AWD
52 Posts
I've been receiving letters every few months from Sirius since the 90-day trial subscription on my 2015 expired back in 2015. It's always: "New Offer! Only $5/ month!" I only listened to the Comedy channel, and it seemed that it was always being pre-empted for some sports thing. I have my entire music collection on USB, so don't need Sirius.

· Registered
2020 Touring Hybrid
2,395 Posts
I've been receiving letters every few months from Sirius since the 90-day trial subscription on my 2015 expired back in 2015. It's always: "New Offer! Only $5/ month!" I only listened to the Comedy channel, and it seemed that it was always being pre-empted for some sports thing. I have my entire music collection on USB, so don't need Sirius.
It’s pre-empted by a sports thing because you have it enabled that way in your settings. I have 500 CDs worth of music on my iPod, but unlike SiriusXM, it never plays anything new. Even with that much music, it gets repetitious.

· Registered
1 Posts
First off, I am a first time poster so thank you for accepting me and forgive me for my ignorance and if I posted this in the wrong forum. ;)

Second, I am a long time US based CRV owner but I am now driving a 2023 4WD EX-L after 16 years in a 2006 4WD SE which sadly was totaled after my 4th deer strike in 4 years...

I love the new wheels but I am going from a vehicle with zero "technology" to touch screens, Bluetooth and other electronics. That being said I am hoping someone can help me understand some of the capabilities and limitations.

I am enjoying my free Sirius XM (SXM) for the time being but I am totally befuddled trying to understand and activate the presets and the TuneMix feature. I’ve read the manual a zillion times and searched the Internet but is it is clear as mud.

I have successfully created individual presets for the stations I like. I can see four at a time at the bottom of the screen so I believe I created 12 however, this instruction from the page 293 of the manual confuses me and I can’t for the life of me figure out how to do it.

My questions are in italics:

Multi-channel preset (for music channels only)
You can store up to 10 of your preferred music channels per preset.

Does that mean I can have 10 in each preset button or 120?

1. Tune a station
2. Select and hold the preset number you want to add a music channel

I assume this means hold down the PRESET button for the music channel because I don't see any preset number.

If I instead tune TO the station and hold down a preset button that I already programmed, I just get the Replace Preset option.

3. Select Add to TuneMix or Create Tune Mix

I don’t see this option if I hold down an existing preset. What I do see is Replace Preset but Add to Tune Mix is greyed out. BTW - I have TuneMix enabled in the SXM Settings.

I am also not seeing any option to get to the Edit TuneMix option.

What am I doing wrong or missing?? Is this not working because I already have 12 presets created?

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can offer!! :)

· Registered
2014 AWD EX-L Titanium
27 Posts
I bought my '14 CRV used so no SXM. Took it into a dealer for service a year ago and got a free 90 day trial. I let it expire and received an offer for 36 mos for $99 - thats the lowest I've seen and the $5/mo is more common.
I never acceot the exorbitant "currant" rate when it expires - simply call to cancel if necessary and they ALWAYS have a special... and will reduce the$ if you are patient and simply tell them to cancel. Best deals go to those they are trying to return to the service after an interruption.
I hate the games but willing to play for $100/yr or more.

· Registered
2018 CR-V EX-L FWD Modern Steel Metallic
1,310 Posts
They didn’t even blink when I renewed via online chat. Just immediately agreed to another year at the discounted price.
congrats. I can never get a discount when on online chat and my time is more valuable than going on and on w/them for 30 mins or more on the phone for a minor discount.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts