Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! Brand new to the site and brand new Honda owner!
I purchased a 2018 CRV-EX last Saturday and absolutely LOVE it!
My only issue is with the SiriusXM. All was working fine, then a few days ago I got in, turned everything on and went to SiriusXM, instead of its normal look, it simply said 000 Radio ID, all my presets were gone, and I cant scan, change channels...NOTHING.
Called SiriusXM and they resent the signal several times which didn't help.
They told me to go back to the dealership.
I have an appointment for next Saturday but was curious if anyone has had this issue and/or knows how to fix it?

·
Administrator
3,408 Posts
If you've lost everything, reset the radio and see if that brings it back to life.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This same exact thing just happened to my 2018 Honda CR-V ex-l. SiriusXM was unable to help, I am taking the car into the shop tomorrow. Were they able to fix yours?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the same problem on my 2018 CR V EX-L. Two days ago, I attempted to change the Sirius channel. The display changed to read Audio Power Off. I pushed the power button & the display came back on. Only now, when on the Sirius mode, the display reads 000 Radio ID and the preset channels aren't displayed. None of the Sirius buttons will work. The Am & FM modes appear to be normal though. I called Sirius and had the signal refreshed three times, but there's no difference. The Sirius rep suggested to wait 24 hours and it may work normally. That isn't the case though. I rebooted the radio by holding the power button down for 5 sec. That didn't change anything though. Our dealership doesn't do Saturday appts for this type of issue. A weekday appt means at least 1/2 day off of work. I may do without Sirius for a while. Sirius did offer to extend the billed period for the period of time that I can't use it. I appreciate any suggestions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the same problem on my 2018 CR V EX-L. Two days ago, I attempted to change the Sirius channel. The display changed to read Audio Power Off. I pushed the power button & the display came back on. Only now, when on the Sirius mode, the display reads 000 Radio ID and the preset channels aren't displayed. None of the Sirius buttons will work. The Am & FM modes appear to be normal though. I called Sirius and had the signal refreshed three times, but there's no difference. The Sirius rep suggested to wait 24 hours and it may work normally. That isn't the case though. I rebooted the radio by holding the power button down for 5 sec. That didn't change anything though. Our dealership doesn't do Saturday appts for this type of issue. A weekday appt means at least 1/2 day off of work. I may do without Sirius for a while. Sirius did offer to extend the billed period for the period of time that I can't use it. I appreciate any suggestions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I apologize for the duplicate post. I don't see a way to delete it though.
Regarding my above listed issue, I took the car to my Honda dealer this morning. I was told that they have seen this on other vehicles, I assume CR V's. They said that the issue is under review and they will contact me when a fix is determined for it. It was suggested that I ask about it when I come in for the first oil change which will be 2 or 3 months away. The car has 2700 miles on it. The Sirius XM won't work and sometimes the steering wheel volume and on/off button doesn't work. The FM seek & tune controls won't work sometimes. Bluetooth won't work for the phone or carplay. Lane keep features are intermittent.
A week after posting this, I took the car back to the dealer again to try to have someone actually look at it instead of just telling me that the problem was being reviewed for a fix. This time, I left the car with them and was given a loaner car to drive. Hopefully, they'll figure it out. This is the 4th CRV I've had and this one drives better than the others.
UPDATE ... Since 2,200 miles on a 2018 CR V EXL, No Sirius, No Bluetooth/Carplay, only AM & FM...The dealer says I'll have to wait for Honda to determine a fix and it may be several months. So far the people that I've talked to at the dealer and at Honda Care are polite, but they can't remedy the situation. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate hearing them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just had this issue come up on my 2018 CR-V AWD Touring and was looking online to see how to resolve it. I'm disappointed to see that Honda has no resolution for it. Unfortunately I had a 2017 CR-V AWD Touring that had flaky radio issues for MONTHS that Honda could never resolve. These were FM/AM issues and the Sirius/XM was unaffected. After countless phone calls the vehicle ended up being replaced with an 18. I'm sad to say I have the same FM/AM issues in the 2018 radio but chose not to even contact Honda this time, but now my Sirius/XM isn't working either! So basically I have the top of the line model and I can't use the FM/AM presets (and most recently it wouldn't even stay on the channel I manually tuned to because I gave up trying to set any presets) and now I can't use the Sirius/XM either.

Major disappointment in the quality of radio Honda has gone with. I honestly believe Honda will wash their hands of it. And I think we need to go after the radio manufacturer. I've had a hard time finding a way to contact them though for technical support! Anyone have anything to add or suggest on this situation??

·
Registered
10 Posts
What was your process in getting the 2017 replaced? My audio issues started at 2200 miles and 2 months old. It's been a month now and there's no timeline for a fix. Basically everything on the center screen is affected, either operates slowly or not at all, bluetooth, car play, sirius, radio, volume control, temp, and the display goes away completely at times.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This exact problem occurred on my 2018 EX-L this week. For no apparent reason, the Sirius radio lost it's ID. It had worked fine since I purchased the car new in April.

I confirmed through Sirius that my account was active and paid. I then sent activation codes. No change.

After looking through all materials for a reset, I decided to disconnect the battery to force a complete system reset.

I removed both negative and positive terminals and let sit for about 4 minutes. Upon reconnecting, the SiriusXM id was restored, all presets were back, and all infotainment functions were fine.

This did, however, cause a failure report for all the honda sensing applications. A range of errors, for TPMS, electric steering assist, lane departure, etc... were lit and scrolling through the information screens.

I drove about 2 miles or so, shut off the engine, and then restarted. All errors were cleared and the SiriusXM radio continued to work correctly along with all other infotainment functions, including CarPlay.

There must be some combination of actions that causes the Sirius ID to be overwritten and it can only be restored through a hard reset that causes the code to be reread from some non-volatile memory.

I hope this helps others with the same problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am leasing a 2019 EX, and the same thing happened to my Sirius service today. Yesterday it was fine. Today...no bueno! I may have to try the whole disconnecting the battery fix that was mentioned above. Oddly, I had a completely dead battery at about 250 miles. I’m still wondering if that problem will resurface.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem for me. I was hesitant to disconnect the battery so I started the car, turned on the radio, brought up Sirius on the display. Then pushed and held the on/off button for a while (8 to 10 sec?) a screen popped up and asked if I wanted to reboot yes/no so I pushed yes. The screen went blank for a while came up with Sirius running and all my presets in place. Now I'm back to being a happy 2018 CR-V EX owner :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Head unit required replacement

This issue just occurred on my 2018 EX-L. Shut the car off the night before and it was fine, started the car the next morning and the ID was missing and no XM connection. I was able to get it into service yesterday and they cannot fix the issue and have had to order a new head unit for the system. I provided the tips I'd read on here to the service person and unfortunately nothing worked.

Bright side? I'm glad it happened now when I have 17K miles on the vehicle instead of 37K so it's at least fully covered in warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
"outside" - thanks for the info on getting Sirius XM back on the radio. I had same issue come up last week on my 2018 CRV EX L which I purchased Dec 2017. Disconnected battery terminals and after reconnecting Sirius was working again with no loss in presets. Saved a lot of hassles with going to the dealer!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem for me. I was hesitant to disconnect the battery so I started the car, turned on the radio, brought up Sirius on the display. Then pushed and held the on/off button for a while (8 to 10 sec?) a screen popped up and asked if I wanted to reboot yes/no so I pushed yes. The screen went blank for a while came up with Sirius running and all my presets in place. Now I'm back to being a happy 2018 CR-V EX owner :)
Brilliant! Works perfectly now!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rather than disconnecting the battery, why not just pull the fuse associated with the radio? That sounds easier than disconnecting the battery.
Leave it out for about ten seconds, then put the fuse back in.
This should reboot the radio.
I had a similar problem with a radio on a Hyundai. It went to a lock screen and could not do anything with it. I went to Hyundai and they told me they would have to replace the radio, at a cost of about $600. The car was out of warranty and, at that time, about 6 years old. One of the techs told me, on the side, to pull the fuse and reset it, see if it worked.
It did.
This problem comes back about every 3-4 months, so, each time, I just pull the fuse and reset it each time.
A minor inconvenience, but it beats $600 bucks!.
A newer car should be under warranty and should be covered that way.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone! Brand new to the site and brand new Honda owner!
I purchased a 2018 CRV-EX last Saturday and absolutely LOVE it!
My only issue is with the SiriusXM. All was working fine, then a few days ago I got in, turned everything on and went to SiriusXM, instead of its normal look, it simply said 000 Radio ID, all my presets were gone, and I cant scan, change channels...NOTHING.
Called SiriusXM and they resent the signal several times which didn't help.
They told me to go back to the dealership.
I have an appointment for next Saturday but was curious if anyone has had this issue and/or knows how to fix it?
Just took my 2017 Honda CRV to Page Honda this morning for “000 Radio ID.” Been a Sirius customer for years and never a problem. The dealer tech disconnected the battery cable and called Sirius to reset the radio. No charge & even washed my car. He it works. Apparently a problem with Honda’s infotainment system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
After reading all of the posts above, I decided to start with the easiest option first and it worked:

Hold down the radio power button until you asked if you want to reboot. VOILA!
(Repeatedly pressing did not work for me, I had to hold the button down for several seconds).

Now... no missed work, no brain damage from talking with Sirius for a third time, and, everything in place with presets etc.

Thanks to those of you who pointed this out.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts