Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Disconnecting the battery or pull the radio back-up fuse are sound options for performing a deeper reset to the HU, but try the "lighter" reset option as follows:
  1. Turn the radio ON.
  2. Unplug anything plugged into either USB port in the center console ports.
  3. Press + hold down the POWER button until a RESET tel-op appears which will give the option to RESET, YES or NO?
  4. Select YES and wait for the unit to reboot.
  5. Now see if you need to try the "BRC" (Battery Cable Reset).
I hope this helps,

Cheers!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same problem for me. I was hesitant to disconnect the battery so I started the car, turned on the radio, brought up Sirius on the display. Then pushed and held the on/off button for a while (8 to 10 sec?) a screen popped up and asked if I wanted to reboot yes/no so I pushed yes. The screen went blank for a while came up with Sirius running and all my presets in place. Now I'm back to being a happy 2018 CR-V EX owner :)
I was having this same issue and Sirius support was completely useless. I read your message and on my lunch hour went to my car and in under 5 minutes my radio is working again. Thank you:)(y)

·
Registered
125 Posts
I was having this same issue and Sirius support was completely useless. I read your message and on my lunch hour went to my car and in under 5 minutes my radio is working again. Thank you:)(y)
You're very welcome, I'm glad it worked out for you!

Cheers ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the same problem with my 2018 CR-V in that siriusxm was stuck on one channel and could not change to another channel. Called Siriusxm three different times, refreshed the signal three different times and called the dealer twice to find out what to do since refresh did not work. Long story short, read the posts and tried holding in the power button to reboot and it worked great. Hopefully this is a one time glitch but if it happens again, will try this reboot trick first before wasting time with Siriusxm customer support.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same problem for me. I was hesitant to disconnect the battery so I started the car, turned on the radio, brought up Sirius on the display. Then pushed and held the on/off button for a while (8 to 10 sec?) a screen popped up and asked if I wanted to reboot yes/no so I pushed yes. The screen went blank for a while came up with Sirius running and all my presets in place. Now I'm back to being a happy 2018 CR-V EX owner :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Disconnecting the battery or pull the radio back-up fuse are sound options for performing a deeper reset to the HU, but try the "lighter" reset option as follows:
  1. Turn the radio ON.
  2. Unplug anything plugged into either USB port in the center console ports.
  3. Press + hold down the POWER button until a RESET tel-op appears which will give the option to RESET, YES or NO?
  4. Select YES and wait for the unit to reboot.
  5. Now see if you need to try the "BRC" (Battery Cable Reset).
I hope this helps,

Cheers!
Hi Do you mean the Car Power button or the Radio power button? TIA

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tried your method and it worked! You should sell your info to sirius and honda, as they had no clue as to how to fix their problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
After reading all of the posts above, I decided to start with the easiest option first and it worked:

Hold down the radio power button until you asked if you want to reboot. VOILA!
(Repeatedly pressing did not work for me, I had to hold the button down for several seconds).

Now... no missed work, no brain damage from talking with Sirius for a third time, and, everything in place with presets etc.

Thanks to those of you who pointed this out.
After reading all of the posts above, I decided to start with the easiest option first and it worked:

Hold down the radio power button until you asked if you want to reboot. VOILA!
(Repeatedly pressing did not work for me, I had to hold the button down for several seconds).

Now... no missed work, no brain damage from talking with Sirius for a third time, and, everything in place with presets etc.

Thanks to those of you who pointed this out.
I just went out to my car, press and held the vol/power button for a few seconds. It rebooted and now it's back on!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
000 Radio ID gremlin showed up for my 2018 CR-V. I tried the Reboot with the Volume/Power knob...Nope
I tried pulling the Radio fuse....Nope
I tried disconnecting the battery and waiting....Nope

Any other ideas or go to a Honda Dealer???

·
Registered
1 Posts
PERFECTO! Had the same problem with my 2018 CR-V EXL. Two calls to Sirius and they didn't know what to do. Just tried this and it worked great. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks! That worked for me! (y)

·
Registered
125 Posts
000 Radio ID gremlin showed up for my 2018 CR-V. I tried the Reboot with the Volume/Power knob...Nope
I tried pulling the Radio fuse....Nope
I tried disconnecting the battery and waiting....Nope

Any other ideas or go to a Honda Dealer???
@Meyer

My apology for the late response.

Since the actual XM turner is contained within the audio unit in this generation infotainment system, if you've done all of the above, the audio unit would need to be replaced.

I would suggest before taking your vehicle to the dealership, perform a "deep reset" by removing the battery cables and connecting them together for at least 10 minutes, then reconnecting them to the battery.

This will completely discharge all the capacitors within the audio unit and force a reprovisioning of the embedded software (also referred to as firmware) within the "chips".

If the "battery cable reset" (BCR) doesn't resolve it, a dealership visit is next.

I hope this helps,

Cheers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
This exact problem occurred on my 2018 EX-L this week. For no apparent reason, the Sirius radio lost it's ID. It had worked fine since I purchased the car new in April.

I confirmed through Sirius that my account was active and paid. I then sent activation codes. No change.

After looking through all materials for a reset, I decided to disconnect the battery to force a complete system reset.

I removed both negative and positive terminals and let sit for about 4 minutes. Upon reconnecting, the SiriusXM id was restored, all presets were back, and all infotainment functions were fine.

This did, however, cause a failure report for all the honda sensing applications. A range of errors, for TPMS, electric steering assist, lane departure, etc... were lit and scrolling through the information screens.

I drove about 2 miles or so, shut off the engine, and then restarted. All errors were cleared and the SiriusXM radio continued to work correctly along with all other infotainment functions, including CarPlay.

There must be some combination of actions that causes the Sirius ID to be overwritten and it can only be restored through a hard reset that causes the code to be reread from some non-volatile memory.

I hope this helps others with the same problem.
yes we had the same problems Sirius couldn't help so I disconnected both terminals for 5 minutes, drove the car a couple miles everything is now back to normal, I just hope the fix is always as easy. 2018 cr-v

·
Registered
1 Posts
It worked Thank you so much!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Holding down the radio power button worked. I simply rebooted and it came right up. Do not waste time with Sirius. They have no idea how to fix it. FYI - I have a 2018 CRV. Thanks for the help with this problem. These chats are so valuable to solving problems.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts