Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is something going on here? Twice today when I open this site it says I'm viewing as a guest and I have to log in. Never had to do that before, it always kept me logged in. Something on my end perhaps?

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,789 Posts
Haven't seen an issue TODAY but similar things have happened in the past to some folks.

If your issues continue, post back with the computer (or phone) you are accessing the site with...

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yep, just did it again after I had left computer. Refreshed page and had to log in again. I haven't done anything different to computer lately.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe its trying to tell me my services here are no longer needed...or wanted?

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,018 Posts
must be an Oil dilution thing.. why is ht is in the 2017 crv where it should be in feedback

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Operating system updates frequently reset settings for no apparent reason. Windows Update is notorious for changing browser settings. Heck, my Phone ran a Google update last week and now I have 3 listings for every contact in my phone. Not the first time either. I had to spend two hours editing it to remove the duplicates. Similarly, you may sometimes have to reset browser settings or even specific website settings after an update. Software bugs can wreak havoc with interoperability between apps and/or OS's and apps. If you are going to do that, go ahead and clear all caches first. Might as well start fresh.

Another issue this brings up sometimes, for the same reasons, is due to different settings between network-connected devices, where updates can cause issues on other devices. Your computer has Google on it, and so does your phone. Each can affect the other. Same with multiple Windows computers in one house. I can't count how many times I've had to spend hours cleaning out my Favorites/Bookmarks folders and email after such glitches. It's also the reason I do not use any cloud storage, as that can literally triple the problem. Cloud storage is a nice idea, but implementation is far from mature. Kind of like direct injection.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,781 Posts
Maybe its trying to tell me my services here are no longer needed...or wanted?
Maybe it is :)

Posting in the correct section always helps to get answers.

moved.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts