Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Gen 1's fuel tank capacity is 58L according to the manual and by my estimation the fuel reserve is around 6L. By reserve tank I mean the remaining capacity when the red low fuel warning light comes on.

Anyone have info to confirm that?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I didn't find anything in the Owners Manual, but did find the following information in the 1997-2000 Service Manual for testing the Low Fuel Indicator.

1. check the number 25 fuse in the under-dash fuse box to make sure it's not blown
2. park on level ground
3. drain the fuel tank into an appropriate container. Then reinstall the drain bolt with a new washer.
4. Add less than 8L (2.1 US Gallons, 1.8 Imperial Gallons) of fuel. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II). The low fuel indicator should come on within four minutes. If the light comes on go to step 8, if the light does not come on go to step 5.

Steps 5-7 are for diagnosing a problem with the fuel sending unit and it's wiring.

8. Add 4 L of fuel (1.1 US Gallons, 0.9 Imperial Gallons). The light should go off within four minutes.

So the reserve is around 8L.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Racoon, 8L seems like a fair figure to budget on.
Last time the fuel low light came on it took 48L to fill the tank, so give or take a few variables an 8L reserve would match that experience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts