Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been reading up the past month or so on the best way to sleep/camp in my CRV. I own a 2003 EX CRV. I've seen posts here about building platforms. I may got that route. But I would prefer something less permanent or at least easily removable. A consideration I have not seen is using a hammock. I have seen other vehicles with people posting on using hammocks in them but not specifically the CRV. I believe there would be room but my concern is clearance from the folded rear seat.

One other question, I read in different places that the 2003 EX CRV has reclining/sliding rear seats (the official manual for one). I have owned my CRV less than a year but have not found this feature on the rear seats. There is a bar along the bottom of the seat but it does not appear to do anything. Are my seats just jammed or is this bad information online? If they do recline backwards, then I could potentially lay the front seats down as well and just sleep that way.

Thanks!

·
Registered
171 Posts
The Gen2 (2002-2006) rear seats do recline back a good amount but they do not go totally flat. You get them to recline by pulling up on the same handle/lever on top of the back of the seat that you use to unlock the seat backs to fold them forward. Certain trim levels of the Gen1 CRV had rear seats that folded fully flat.

I would not want to sleep on it multiple nights in a row, but if you need a place to sleep or more comfortably transport a sick person, you can make a chair-bed with the Gen2 by combining the front and back seats (although the back won't go completely flat). Move the front seat as far forward as possible. Move the rear seats as far back as possible (many people do not realize the rear seats move back and forward on tracks just like the front seat). Remove the front seat headrest. Recline the front seat all the way back. The top of the front seat will just clear the front of the rear seat if you moved everything correctly. This works for both sets of seats although the driver seat is a bit more cramped due to the steering wheel (make sure it is at its maximum tilt height).

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
the fronts moved forward , head rests off , recline back small person is goo not tall. but the back you can lay a sleeping bag but uncomfortable

·
Registered
2,000 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
We've slept in the CR-V. It has a bed feature where the front seatbacks line up with rear cushions, and the rear seat backs fold backwards.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've slept in my 2011 numerous times, in the back with the rear seats folded up. Not the most comfortable, but comfortable nonetheless.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts