Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both my wife and I find the center sliding armrest a PIA. It slides too easily. We've had them in other vehicles but they all has a lever to pull to move it where you wanted it, then it stayed put. This thing goes shooting up or back with the slightest pressure applies on the top. Has anyone found a way to increase the detent pressure to prevent these unexpected slides?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would not want to increase the pressure of mine, its already a little tight. I hope it loosens up some with more use. But then, we have only had the car for six months....
Weve Had ours two months and I can slide it easily with one finger on top of the armrest. I guess I should check out other new CR-V's at the dealership to see if I got a bad armrest assembly. I can feel the detent positions but would like it better if it had a way to lock in place so it wouldn't move unless I wanted it to move.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My arm rest also slides extremely easily and was one of the first things I noticed when I bought it.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Arm rest or center console. The picnic tray that slid down was better built spring of 97 gen 1, along with the arm rest driver side only and gen two adding a pass one. Honda center rest its movable, enough not to fight it and enough not to worry about Maybe a locking tab would been an improvement?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Arm rest or center console. The picnic tray that slid down was better built spring of 97 gen 1, along with the arm rest driver side only and gen two adding a pass one. Honda center rest its movable, enough not to fight it and enough not to worry about Maybe a locking tab would been an improvement?
EPOXY it and move on :=)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Same. Extremely flimsy. Slides back always. Cracks when I put weight on it when I shift into the seat. Anyway, It's one of those items I'm having inspected along with the recall and other trim issues with the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Same. Extremely flimsy. Slides back always. Cracks when I put weight on it when I shift into the seat. Anyway, It's one of those items I'm having inspected along with the recall and other trim issues with the vehicle.
I got screwed.....they stuck me with a car without all these problems and denied me the opportunity to keep running back to the dealership...where I just love spending time sucking up their free Cappuccino.

Sorry I had to say that...truth is I hate Cappuccino.......but really , my CR-V has zero issues with trim, armrest, gaps or anything....guess I missed out on that. Sorry some people seem to have issues. I have had my CR-V for six months now so it must have been a pretty early build, yet oddly it doesn't have all these problems some do. This leads me to believe that either statistically a few cars will have problems and those people who do get these cars bitch loudly......or....some people just complain a lot and expect a Rolls for a Honda price.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
i did a video today; and mine is nice and workable not loose but plenty tight indeed. it is funny how Honda thought of it all but left out a hidden tray like other companies. Where you can lift up the cover rest and have a thin spot for paper , coins etc. Our toyota has it and Nissan has it not honda
Oh well to bad you have to keep moving it back to release the rest.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same feedback here -2018 CRV Center console lid "slides at will" with light pressure from driver or passenger elbow. (Always annoying - occasionally "startling" if not expecting it) Don't the interior designers drive / sit in these new vehicles before they roll them into production?
Surprising oversight/"cutting of corners" on a $35K small SUV.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,194 Posts
UPDATE:
Since I wrote this in August of 2017...<SNIP>
Sigh....This thread is about the sliding arm rest.

I don't mind the sliding arm rest, it seems to have the right amount of resistance for me...but its possible that everyone has a different amount of pressure they might apply...and where they have the seat positioned may make a difference as well.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts