Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I owned a 2017 EX AWD. I just noticed this sound today after parking I stayed in the car for a while and noticed it coming from under the dashboard. After I turned off the engine for a few seconds, this tiny clicking sound comes out. It's not loud, not fast; just a regular and slow clickings: every 4 seconds it clicks, and this goes for 3 minutes. At the end of 3 minutes I can hear a sound from rear that sounds like a door lock, but I'm not sure. Then the clicking is gone.

I can repeat it every time for multiple times by turning on and off the engine. I thought it has something to do with the parking break, but no matter I pull it up or release it before shut down the engine, this clicking noise happens. Has anyone experienced the same issue? I'd appreciate any feedback or comments very much!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
It took me a while to figure it out... that is the test cycle for the electric brake booster. If you pay attention, you'll notice your brake pedal is boosted when the clicking is occuring, and after it's over, your brake pedal will be much more stiff because the system has been shut down.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It took me a while to figure it out... that is the test cycle for the electric brake booster. If you pay attention, you'll notice your brake pedal is boosted when the clicking is occuring, and after it's over, your brake pedal will be much more stiff because the system has been shut down.
Thank you sirwired. So it is normal and I don't need to be worried at all? Previously I didn't pay attention at all since most of the time I left the car immediately after shutting it off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's 2019 and I just picked up this new CRV (built in 2018) and find out the exact the same thing. Has anyone had any update or resolution to this? Thanks in advance?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks kindly for your input and information. I am not nit picking, really. But what Honda says in the bulletin is very vague, it just says noise but not mention what kind of noise. Again, I’m not trying to argue anything so don’t be offended.

Even if that’s for the ticking noise, does that mean if your car doesn’t have that noise, it’s ‘abnormal’? What is normal operation, have the noise or don’t have the noise?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts