Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Honda Sensing Suite was the primary motivating factor in purchasing our 2017 CRV. The way it just subtly warns you and attempts to correct the problem. Rather than making a lot of annoying noises that would cause you to turn off the features instead of embracing them. So I want to be able to use these features when ever we are driving.

According to the My Honda/Honda Owners video, featuring a 2016 Civic, 2017 CRVs should be able to engage ACC/SSF for use around town by pressing the SET button with the car being motionless, while sitting at a traffic light for instance. http://my.honda.com/vehicle-features/Honda-Sensing

I’ve tried doing this many times and it will not turn on unless the car is moving at less than 25 MPH. Has anyone had any luck turning it on while stopped? Also, is there any way to keep it turned on after you come to the next stop sign without having to hit RESUME?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm not sure about engaging it from a stop, I've always been in motion when I did. If I am in city traffic below 25 and hit set it will set me at 25 automatically. Once you stop for a few seconds (can't remember exactly how many, 10?) you do need to hit resume, no way around that that I know of. If I am stopped at a light with cars in front of me, I hit resume when I see the light turn green, then it will keep up with the cars as they begin moving. I don't do a lot of in city driving, my commute to work is hwy, but I find myself not avoiding it like I used to.

I've never had so much fun in a car! LOL. I'm like a little kid with a big goony smile on my face when I'm driving now especially when my car stops for me or I can tell it to call the pizza place so I can order pizza to arrive after I get home.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts