Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday on my way home from work, in 4pm traffic on US19 there was an accident that had traffic crawling for a few miles. Once i passed the small accident (one car did look kind of smooshed) i had a wide open freeway, except the car in front of me who continued to drive 20mph for WAY TO LONG, so I passed him (or her)...

My 2016 cr-v lx is now 6 months old, almost 5000 miles
I drive pretty conservatively but since i had no traffic in front of me and was annoyed at the car in front, i floored it

Was pretty happy with the pickup, and think i was close to red-lined it up to about 60 or 65 mph
after i let off the gas ... i got a little wif of something "burning" or burnt

maybe it was oil? maybe trans fluid? maybe someone elses car "smell" i drove into? Maybe even the smell of burning fluids from the cars in the accident?

I am sure my ac was on (i do live on the face of the sun / aka flordia), prob did not have max ac/recycled air on (so open vents to outside air)

car drove fine home, and this am
no smell no funny sounds

anyone have any idea what that smell could be? or if i need to have anything looked at by a honda shop?

Thanks for your input

·
Registered
109 Posts
I cannot imagine anything about what you described causing any issue with your CR-V. I would not give it another thought unless you notice it again. Passing at full throttle (red-line) is normal as long as you aren't holding it there forever.

Relax and enjoy your CR-V.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input
I did call a local honda service shop - had a question about scheduling an oil change and asked about the smell

he suggested i floor it again and see if i smell anything

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,372 Posts
On all the generations, the exhaust systems can become coated with debris (road salt, construction dirt, etc) that can wait until odd times to become noticeable. Wait until November, you'll see a LOT of inquiries here for a 'rubber burning smell'.

Unless you continue to detect an odor, just chalk it up to the cars ahead of you, or something burning off during stop-n-go.

PS:

Look at the 'SIMILAR THREADS' area at the bottom of each page, you will see several other burning smell Topics!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts