Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought a 2000 CRV to use with my Snowbear Plow but have found nothing posted about the ability of the CRV to plow light snow. If anybody has tried this your comments would be appeciated. I like this site and love the vehicle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Uncharted water

I see 42 views and no comments. Maybe I'm sailing uncharted water. My buddies say it is to lite to use to plow. One said "buy a 4 wheeler", I said "I did, but this one has a heater". I have used a 97 S10 Blazer up to this point and never needed low range. With a 400' driveway and then some the snow bear makes quick work of all those under 6" pain in the butt snows. I'm hoping someone can show me how it mounts to the CRV. Thank you for your interest.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I really can't answer this one? I do some part-time plowing for a friend that owns a number of "real" trucks with plows. I have owned/plowed with a Jeep CJ, an older Ford Bronco (full-size) and even plowed with a 1961 International Scout 4 cylinder. I think the key for you will be tires. You need a really good snow tire that provides really good bite.

How heavy is the plow? You may need to have some stronger front springs put on it?
Can you post some pictures of it mounted on the front of the V?

·
Registered
841 Posts
In your OP you asked if anyone had "tried it". I'm guessing that no one has. I looked at the "Snowbear" website and was surprised to find that they actually do have an installation kit for the CR-V.:rolleyes:

It looks like you will certainly be one of the first to actually plow snow with a V. I hope your 400 ft driveway is paved. That will, at least, minimize the hard knocks the plow mounts have to take. I plow with a tractor (dirt driveway) and it really gets banged around sometimes when the snow is wet and then freezes.

I will say one thing about Vs. They never cease to amaze me, particularly off road. I have always kept my off-roading light but I still bang the machine around quite a bit. If it can do that, maybe it can plow snow too.

In any event (if you try it) good luck and do let us know how your V does. Pictures please.:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Snowbear Plow for CR-V

I am also considering a CR-V for use as a plow vehicle. I currently use a 90 Cherokee with a Snowbear plow on a 700' unpaved drive and it works well on this vehicle. I will be replacing this vehicle and am seriously considering the CR-V (2000) I think if you are careful and plow every 6" or so of snow fall that it will work OK. Did you end up with this plow set up?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Well the 1999-2001 Vs have 146hp and i think 135ftlbs of tourque thid seems faily plausible but i couldn't tell you for sure because the V is a faily light truck. If it mounts onto the brackets underneath the front bumper than it should work.

I have a 1998 V and it has 126hp and 133 ftlbs of tourque and i put a westin saffari light bar on it and it works well enough to plow cars out of the way on the freeway and in parkling lots when i am running late to school.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 01 CRV with plow, BDS 3" lift & oversize Tires.

I saw all the confusion and questions about this topic over the internet. Never posted on this forum or any others so bare with me as I'm new to this. I just registered so here I go!!! I have a 01 CRV with a BDS lift, Snowbear plow and oversize tires. I have BF MT's for the summer months and Dunlop snow/ice tires for winter NO ALL SEASONS TIRES!!!! Had a 98 5 speed but no good for plowing will burn out the clutch so I opted for the Auto 01. Love my CRV's I use it as a quad (ATV) goes where I need it to go especially for hunting. Sorry animal lovers but they are so tasty! I will try to attach a pic of my V.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Snowbear and CRV

Susuki 1100 I still have my SNowbear on my Blazer But have the brackets to put it on my CRV and would like to do so. If possible could you tell or show me how it hooks up to the CRV. Do you have to remove the plastic? Someday I'll get it on but for now the Blazer is still chugging along.

·
Registered
3 Posts
CRV w/Plow

Steamertoo. It took awhile to figure out there schematic but was able to do it in 30min or so. Must remove the lower screws on the plastic bumper cover leave them out or cut the plastic. I left them out and put them away to replace once the mount comes off. It's a pain to get the longer hooked tabs that bolt to the top of the universal mount. The side pieces just slide in the front loops for towing and bolt in the side of the universal mount. I will try and find the instruction and post.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi i have a 97crv which i would like to put a plow on in the near future and i want to get as much lift as i can so i was just wondering when you got your 3" lift cause i just cant find bds lift its doesnt even list honda but everywhere else i can only find a 1 to 2" lift 1.75 seems adverage

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've seen the previous posts about the plows, but not much posted about the durability of the CR-V or issues with the plows in various types of snow. I'm a new member looking for information on how well the 4 speed auto AWD works because I just finished fabricating a blade for my 01 CR-V. Haven't used it yet. I have a 140 yard gravel driveway with an incline I plan to plow downhill.

Its a 6 foot blade with adjustable feet/skids, electric wireless winch lift and 3 position tilt. All mounted on the Motor home Tow-bar mount. CR-V Plow.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've seen the previous posts about the plows, but not much posted about the durability of the CR-V or issues with the plows in various types of snow. I'm a new member looking for information on how well the 4 speed auto AWD works because I just finished fabricating a blade for my 01 CR-V. Haven't used it yet. I have a 140 yard gravel driveway with an incline I plan to plow downhill.

Its a 6 foot blade with adjustable feet/skids, electric wireless winch lift and 3 position tilt. All mounted on the Motor home Tow-bar mount. View attachment 70769
How did this work out for you?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts