Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone -

I'm new here, found you guys and hoping someone can offer some insight into this. Here's what's going on:

Car starts bogging down, missing, etc. CEL would sometimes flash, sometimes be on, sometimes off. I had an appointment to have it looked at Friday. Driving to work today, heard a loud pop/bang followed by turrible noise. Wasn't too far from home so I was able to make it back. Get home and see this:

motor.jpg

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. General info about the car -

175k miles

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was my initial thought as well, my big fear is that the threads are boogered up. Don't want to tap out the threads without removing everything first

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: Ok it's confirmed. Located the plug, looks like only the bottom thread was damaged so I may get lucky there. Probably need new plug wires though since part of it was sheared off. Take a look:

plug.jpg

wire.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK final update - changed out plugs and wires and that seems to have solved the problem. No CEL, power restored, etc. Thanks for the help, now I just need to get to that cabin air filter...

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Nice. If that was a N.A. car, it would be serious, but not a Honda!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice. If that was a N.A. car, it would be serious, but not a Honda!
It's definitely been a great car, my wife bought it new and now has 175k on it. If the amount of engineering that went into the cabin air filter was applied to the entire vehicle it should run forever!

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
If the amount of engineering that went into the cabin air filter was applied to the entire vehicle it should run forever!
Oh, it does......and will ;o)

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I can't tell by looking what year your car is, but, judging by the looks of the valve cover, I'd bet that engine could use a valve adjustment if it's one of those that you can do that on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can't tell by looking what year your car is, but, judging by the looks of the valve cover, I'd bet that engine could use a valve adjustment if it's one of those that you can do that on.
Yeah, I'm actually going to have the guy do that on Friday since he won't have to fool with this now. I'm trying to play catch up on the maintenance since apparently my wife hasn't. done. any.

By the way, it's a 2001

1 - 11 of 11 Posts