Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an iPhone 11 and it's nice that it can lay in that tray (I have the EX-L 2020). However, with the USB port there, once plugged into the iPhone, it doesn't fit in that tray without being propped up on the lightning connector. Too bad they didn't make a little notch in that tray or something.

Anyway, where do you all place your iPhone when plugged in for CarPlay? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,634 Posts
I don't use my iPhone while in the vehicle.

My wife however does, and while she makes extensive use of CarPlay when she commutes to/from work, she wants her iPhone up at eye level when she drives. So I installed one of these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077QYZFSC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 on the dash on the left hand side right up by the front roof pillar. I also ran a lightening cable up along her dash to the mount as well. Easy and very effective, as long as you do proper prep on the location you intend to mount it.

If I were to make active use of my phone while in the vehicle, I would probably go with one of the new WeatherTech cup-slot phone holders. Universal Portable Cell Phone Holder - CupFone | WeatherTech

·
Registered
1,949 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the touring edition with the qi charger but maybe a shorter cable like mine might help you? (Iphone xr) View attachment 137795
Looks like that the touring works well since the charging pad is elevated. In my EX-L however (w/o the charge pad) the tray is recessed about an inch so that plug interferes with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts