Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CR-V has 46k on it I bought it used with 42k and one of the things I loved about it was the strong brakes. More specifically I liked the pedal modulation ad immediacy. The past couple days driving around my brakes have felt odd I have to push the pedal halfway down to get some brake bite otherwise nothing happens this is really annoying because I find myself jamming on the brakes unintentionally simply because of the small margin of modulation. The brakes feel strong still it just the feel plus the pads don't make any noise. I amthinking I need to add brake fluid or change my pads any advice. It stinks this is not what I need right now I have a ton of bills and had to replace an iPod:eek:

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take a look at the pads. How much pad is left? Have you (or the previous owner) ever flushed the brake fluid?
How do you check the pads do you have to take the wheel off? What should I be looking for, the back of the pads look quite clean and new. I am thinking brake fluid flush and refill which shouldn't cost too much my pads don't make any noise and the actual stopping power is the same its just the pedal feel.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Updated Ran the car about 50 Miles and checked the brakes the front set seem to have substantial amount of wear left, however, the rear pads seem to have little wear left I am thinking this could be the cause of my pedal drop the one thing is they aren't making noise.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,913 Posts
Updated Ran the car about 50 Miles and checked the brakes the front set seem to have substantial amount of wear left, however, the rear pads seem to have little wear left I am thinking this could be the cause of my pedal drop the one thing is they aren't making noise.
Usually a dropping pedal indicates problems in the hydraulics. Honda recommends fluid replacement every 3 years regardless of mileage.

The rear brakes might be binding; look in the TSB section here, for the procedure on lubricating the edges of the rear pads.

One upgrade that enhances pedal feel is to install stainless steel braided brake lines in place of the rubber ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts