Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there CRV people.
I have problem with my Honda CRV mk3 brakes? the brake peddle is very soft and is pushed almost to the floor i had the brakes bled with new dot3 about 5 weeks ago and they worked perfectly until this week.
can anybody enlighten me on a posable answer?
thanks markemark

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Welcome to the forum! What year is your V?

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
No issues with that on mine, but I would work backwards.

1. Make sure there are no leaks at the calipers.

2. Carefully trace all brake lines from the calipers to the brake distribution block, making sure none of them are kinked or rusted through. (Our '02 Accord had one of its lines rust through, but it was very common on that generation of Accord.)

2A. Also check any lines from the distribution block, back to the master cylinder.

3. Are there any vacuum lines that run to the master cylinder? Those could cause improper operation.

4. If all that looks good, could it be a failing master cylinder? I would suspect it, but have never encountered it in any Honda I've owned. But, I would wait for someone here to answer back with a proper way to test it, before throwing money at a problem that might not be solved.

·
Registered
300 Posts
You need to go somewhere and apply your brakes so your ABS works - Do this a few times then bleed the brakes again - Worked for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts