Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow CR V owners!

Just purchased a 2013 CR V LX AT, 112'000km's. Noticed that in shifting between 2nd and 3rd gear (40km-60km) that the transmission shudders. I can especially feel this on cold days.
After contacting my dealer, apparently the software update and trani fluid flush had already been done. Luckily they are going to install a new torque converter this week that is covered under warranty. Hopefully this does the trick....

Has anyone else had their torque converter replaced and found that the shuddering in the trani had stopped? Does the transmission fluid require flushing to install a new torque converter? I hope it does as I heard this helps resolve this issue.

Cheers.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
9,457 Posts
Usually shuddering between shifts only happens if the trans had been neglected (drain & fills not done every 30K miles). If this was the case, there could be blockage on the shift solenoid screens that are incorporated into the solenoid's gaskets.

Is your 'dealer' an actual Honda dealer? So many times, aftermarket shops use a generic ATF fluid that causes this issue after a while.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,573 Posts
Pull the transmission dipstick. If not bright pink, no atf change has happened recently.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts