Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received letter ftom Honda that I need to bring my 2017 CRV in to have this replaced. Has anyone else received this? When ai put in my VIN for recalls it shows no recall applicable. I got my CRV December of 2016. It was one of the first ones built in Indiana. I’ve never had any trouble with my vehicle. It’s scary catching up on the forum about all the problems. The oil dilution recall everyone is talking about is a different issue from my recall?

·
Registered
202 Posts
No, you are not the only person to receive this letter. It's not an official recall. Honda is calling it a "product update". This "update" does have to do with oil dilution, but Honda isn't officially saying that. I think Honda is thinking the less they say about the issue, the better. I think their plan is to keep as many people in the dark about it as possible.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So this update is the oil dilution problem everyone is talking about? Should I get it done even though I’ve never had any problems?

·
Registered
458 Posts
So this update is the oil dilution problem everyone is talking about? Should I get it done even though I’ve never had any problems?
American Honda will not state/verify that this is for Oil Dilution. Honda Canada, with the exact same update does say it's for oil dilution.
Results have been mixed and it may still be too early to tell for sure what effect(s) it actually has long term.

You are required to have the Product Update modifications performed to maintain the factory warranty.
Carefully review the verbiage used in the letter sent to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts