Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
15 Posts
i like it!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
20 Posts
One of the things I like about my 2011 is there is floor space between the console and gear shift. My wife's purse goes there instead of on the console which irritates me. That space is gone in the above picture. Small thing, but I'm feeling a little better for not having waited for the new model.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Will it come with "hill assist" feature for the 4th Gen V??? I really like that in RAV4, and the "hill assist" is almost "standard features" in most German cars now...

·
Registered
132 Posts
I guess the recess area above the radio is for the NAVI unit I wonder what goes their if you do not get the NAV system? Storage maybe?
I like the layout for the air vents I am here or there on the fuel and Temp guages as i am fine with the ones in the 2011 fast and easy to read. It looks like it is getting a console I wonder if that is for all models or just the top two like now?
I guess we will know in October.
KBL

·
Registered
336 Posts
I highly doubt that's the USDM version, so there's probably some minor differences between Euro/JDM vs USDM.

I wonder how much money i'd lose by changing to a 2012 with navi :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
I guess the recess area above the radio is for the NAVI unit I wonder what goes their if you do not get the NAV system? Storage maybe?
I believe it will have the time clock and radio station information screen with a little storage spot to place a phone or device in front of it. We have that same recess area on our 2011 Pilot (no nav).
One of the things I like about my 2011 is there is floor space between the console and gear shift. My wife's purse goes there instead of on the console which irritates me. That space is gone in the above picture. Small thing, but I'm feeling a little better for not having waited for the new model.
I have to agree. Getting rid of that space will tighten the feel up front. The console will divide the entire front cargo space, making it feel smaller. Also, where will the ladies put their purses!! My wife does the same thing!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I highly doubt that's the USDM version, so there's probably some minor differences between Euro/JDM vs USDM.

I wonder how much money i'd lose by changing to a 2012 with navi :D
We will not know what comes over to our side this year till it gets here. I would not trade for the first year anyway, I would wait at least one if not two years after a major redesign.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My guess is that we'll get different headlights -- These spy shots appear to have LED DRLs and projector headlights, where Honda's official "concept" image has plain, conventional lights out front. I doubt the US production model would have cooler lights than the concept.

I bet the recessed area includes the i-MID display, like the one that was introduced on the 2012 Civic.

These are great shots. Thanks to the OP!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Changes don't seem significant enough to warrant waiting for the 2012 model. Glad I didn't wait and took advantage of the great financing on 2011 models.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Changes don't seem significant enough to warrant waiting for the 2012 model. Glad I didn't wait and took advantage of the great financing on 2011 models.
Oh, on that point, I couldn't agree more. We got a roaring good deal on our 2011. In this regard, I'm sure the 2012 CR-V is going to be a really good Honda, and as a result there will be a strong demand for the new model with the K25 201 hp motor. Consequently, I can't imagine there's any way we'd be able to buy the one we'd want for anything approaching what we paid for our 2011. A couple of years from now, on the other hand, I'm sure discounts will again be the order of the day, and assuming the new 2.5 motor is a good one, we'll see what's available. In the meantime, we're enjoying the one we have a lot.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have to say that I'm really disappointed with the production version of 2012 V. In the first release of "concept" photo (the red one), there was a chrome color protector underneath the front bumper, which looks really nice (similar to what Mercedes M class has). However, in the production version it's gone. Also the "rear" shape, in the concept photo it looks OK (sort of copied from Volvo XC60 maybe??) However again in the production version, it looks really ugly.

The USA today article also mentioned that the new engine vibrate a little bit while low speed and idle. This can not be a good sign as I don't have that in my 2011 V. The new optional all-wheel-drive system could be a big plus though for those who need to drive on snowy roads...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Will it come with "hill assist" feature for the 4th Gen V??? I really like that in RAV4, and the "hill assist" is almost "standard features" in most German cars now...
Hill assist? What does that do? Drop you out of overdrive? If a car needs a "hill assist", then it's under powered!:eek:

·
Registered
37 Posts
The new optional all-wheel-drive system could be a big plus though for those who need to drive on snowy roads...
Since when was AWD a new option? Mine has it. It's great if you're just going straight, but no good in a turn ie. the front wheels slip so the rear ones kick in to keep pushing you straight.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts