1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
/exterior/
(positive)
...glad honda has relocated the spare tire
...thanks for putting on 17-inch wheels...definitely looks better and more proportional to the rest of the body
...trunk opening upward rather than sideways!
...nice overall redesign
(negative)
...i wish the roof rails/racks, fog lamps, side mirror turn signals, and projector headlights were standard
...cant replace (rear) plate light without taking out the interior of the (rear) hatch

/interior/
(positive)
...nice gauge layout, also lights up when drivers door is opened
...thanks for making the aux jack standard
...nice steering wheel feel
...nice simple sidings layout
...simple controls
...roomy, nice legroom for the average height
...useful trunk divider
...conversation mirror
(negative)
...i dont get the fuel consumption gauge concept...it moves left to right like kitt from knight rider but doesnt really give me any actual figures to consider...why not have a fuel consumption display summary and a reverse mileage meter where it calculates the average mileage it will go after you fill up?
...tiny glove box...both of them!
...center console only standard on ex-l trim...i seriously struggled not having that additional storage which has been pretty much standard on practically any vehicle
...shouldve made the center console standard and armrests optional...besides, they seem to be set too high (for me, that is)
...sun visors are too narrow!..it doesnt even block enough sunlight when i use it on the side...and where are the extenders???
...trunk could use more storage pockets
...a/c seems weak...perhaps rear side vents would be helpful

/performance/
(positive)
...enough power for your daily los angeles commuter
...4-cylinder, regular fuel, need i say more!
(negative)
...though i havent driven it a thousand miles, the fuel consumption seems to be sub par, or at least less than i expected out of a supposedly modern vtec engine...my 2002 4-cyl mitsubishi does significantly better!
...wobbly rear when driving on cement (no asphalt) freeway...feels like theres always a strong wind blowing from the side...
...steering is heavy when turning/cornering at average speeds

·
Registered
93 Posts
Great list...thanks for posting! I didn't see your list until after I had posted mine, and it's amazing how many things I forgot to include! That's why I think the more people who post their own lists of likes/dislikes, the better it will be for Honda to see what to keep and what to consider changing.

I thought I'd like the roof racks, but I'm now glad they weren't included as standard equipment. From what I've read, they add wind noise. Plus, anything added like that is going to detract from the gas mileage, due to increased wind resistance and weight.

Regarding the fuel consumption guage. Did you press the the selector on the dash to display Driver 1 or Driver 2, rather than the setting that shows the vehicle's total mileage? When it is set to Driver 1 or 2, you will see your average mpg and the estimated miles for the amount of fuel remaining. (Or am I misunderstanding what you are seeking?)

I guess I'm not the only one who thinks the A/C is whimpy!

Like you, I also noticed an odd (somewhat unsettling) sensation when I rounded a corner on somewhat bumpy pavement. I felt like the rear end was letting go of the road. It happened twice, shortly after purchasing the vehicle, and I was driving very conservatively. I'm hoping it was a fluke.

Do you have any more observations now that you've driven your V a few more weeks?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Rear End Handling

Like you, I also noticed an odd (somewhat unsettling) sensation when I rounded a corner on somewhat bumpy pavement. I felt like the rear end was letting go of the road. It happened twice, shortly after purchasing the vehicle, and I was driving very conservatively. I'm hoping it was a fluke.
I have observed just the opposite. On one of my oft-taken routes there is a steep hill combined with a sharp turn and to top it off, washboard asphalt wringles. With both my '97 Civic and '94 Toyota pickup I experience substancial wheel hop while navigating this corner. With my '08 V, I experience only a slight sensation of the washboards and the rear stays well planted. I am very pleased with the handling of the V.

·
Registered
2 Posts
likes/dislikes

I have an 08 CRV EX that I'm happy with but here is a list of a few complaints:

- A/C not cold enough when temperatures are above 90+
- Wind noise
- Wind seems to pull vehicle easily
- when tranny in drive and at stop, a bit more vibration than I expected.
- Expected better fuel economy but I mosty do short commutes
- Dash gets dusty too easily

·
Registered
255 Posts
I generally LOVE my 2008 CR-V and despite some knee issues of my own, I thoroughly enjoy driving it. It handles and grips the road very well, It can still haul quite a bit, but I have a SHORT list of some gripes.

- The rear seats don't fold "flat" and the latch that holds them up can come undone over rough terrain. I had it happen and thankfully nothing was behind the seats
- The floor mats stain easier then Monica Lewinsky's dresses. I have beige interior and my poor floor mats look like they'd belong in a car with 100,000 miles. I can clean them, but a week later they look the same. I want some all-weather mats.
- Rear (EX and up) rear cargo tray has a LOW 20lb load limit. Sucks when you need to haul a lot WITH the seats up. Why knew my nephews came with so much extra "stuff" when they visit. And they live only two miles away...
- A/C seems "inconsistent." When I accelerate it seems like it quits blowing cool until I let off of the accelerator. When I do it can blow ICE cold.

As for the exterior, I only have a few small (and shared) gripes.

- The fog lights should be STANDARD on EX and up trim levels as should the spoiler
- The black door handles look cheap, and gather scratches on them easily. Painted door handles should be STANDARD on EX and up trim levels
- Wind noise can be bothersome, and adjusting the volume can make my external GPS hard to hear.

·
Registered
32 Posts
09 crv coment

IN general I like my 08 crv.

There is couple of thing i don't light..
-Headrest in back seat adjustment are bad. If you move it up is way too hight for average height person and if you move it down is way too low.

-Font headrest is not strong enough I fell it move too much

-suspension is good if i want to step on the gas and race. but to commune it is too stiff fell all bump in the street

-they should have make a center console with arm rest

-carpet looks too cheap...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts