Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of buying a 2017 EX-L 2WD and have had to go to multiple dealerships in order to see all the colors I'm interested in. At the first dealership I visited, they were of course pressuring me to buy what they had on the lot, but I told them I wasn't going to buy anything until I saw the blue and the gun metal. Our salesman thought they actually had a blue somewhere. And then someone who had overheard my interest in seeing the blue told my salesman that they thought they had one and it was probably in service. They suggested our salesman bring us there to see the color or that he pull it around. He went and checked and he said they didn't actually have one. He said he was mistaken and the one he was thinking of was in transit and they expect it to arrive within days or a week.

Later I went to another dealership to see the blue (not in my trim, and already sold anyway). I really like the blue and so they were trying to see if they could get a hold of an EX-L 2WD no-nav blue for me. Since they do trades with neighboring dealerships, they checked the inventory of the other dealerships and actually found one that had been reported as delivered days ago at the first dealership I visited. The manager said that some of the new CR-V's have some kind of issue requiring a lot of work and that they didn't want us to see the car with all the seats out and wires everywhere. Of course I have to be suspicious that he's trying to discourage me from buying from the first dealership, making them seem dishonest and making me distrust the vehicle. But because there were some hints at the first dealership that they did in fact have it and didn't want me to see it, I'm inclined to believe him. He also showed me his computer screen, showing that it had been delivered just a few days before I visited the first dealership.

Has anyone heard of anything like this? If the dealer actually did have to service the car to fix some factory-delivered flaw, is it something I should be concerned about?

At this point I'd rather buy from the dealership that has been honest with me but I don't know who to trust. I've followed up with the salesman at the first dealership several times, asking when it'd arrive (can they not track it to any extent?) and he never could say, just said that he checks the distribution lot once a day to see if it's there. I directly asked him if they in fact already had it and it was in service and he said no. Today he finally said that it's supposed to arrive on the 4th or the 5th. So I've got to make a decision soon. Any insight would be really helpful. Thanks!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm in the process of buying a 2017 EX-L 2WD and have had to go to multiple dealerships in order to see all the colors I'm interested in. At the first dealership I visited, they were of course pressuring me to buy what they had on the lot, but I told them I wasn't going to buy anything until I saw the blue and the gun metal. Our salesman thought they actually had a blue somewhere. And then someone who had overheard my interest in seeing the blue told my salesman that they thought they had one and it was probably in service. They suggested our salesman bring us there to see the color or that he pull it around. He went and checked and he said they didn't actually have one. He said he was mistaken and the one he was thinking of was in transit and they expect it to arrive within days or a week.

Later I went to another dealership to see the blue (not in my trim, and already sold anyway). I really like the blue and so they were trying to see if they could get a hold of an EX-L 2WD no-nav blue for me. Since they do trades with neighboring dealerships, they checked the inventory of the other dealerships and actually found one that had been reported as delivered days ago at the first dealership I visited. The manager said that some of the new CR-V's have some kind of issue requiring a lot of work and that they didn't want us to see the car with all the seats out and wires everywhere. Of course I have to be suspicious that he's trying to discourage me from buying from the first dealership, making them seem dishonest and making me distrust the vehicle. But because there were some hints at the first dealership that they did in fact have it and didn't want me to see it, I'm inclined to believe him. He also showed me his computer screen, showing that it had been delivered just a few days before I visited the first dealership.

Has anyone heard of anything like this? If the dealer actually did have to service the car to fix some factory-delivered flaw, is it something I should be concerned about?

At this point I'd rather buy from the dealership that has been honest with me but I don't know who to trust. I've followed up with the salesman at the first dealership several times, asking when it'd arrive (can they not track it to any extent?) and he never could say, just said that he checks the distribution lot once a day to see if it's there. I directly asked him if they in fact already had it and it was in service and he said no. Today he finally said that it's supposed to arrive on the 4th or the 5th. So I've got to make a decision soon. Any insight would be really helpful. Thanks!
You are in a wierd situation. Just go to 3rd dealership for peace of mind.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Why the rush? Did I miss something?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Sidebyside,

In what general metro area do you live? I'm in Raleigh, NC, and received a similar story about an Obsidian Blue EX-L no-Navi. (Showing in inventory for several days, but not yet available for sale.) I was told that because of the New Year's holiday, it's at the distro center.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I got same story for Molten Lava. Its on the truck should be in next 7 days. but it has leather seats which I no longer like or want. of course there are weather delays and they want you to buy off the lot. I might have to go to another dealer further away to get something I would like. Honda dealers have to do warranty work whether purchased from them or not. and I realized there is no hurry, and that's the best there is.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a silver Touring on order that's delayed. Wasn't given a reason for delay, but told it should be in "any day now". It was originally no concern to me, but this electrical work story has me a bit concerned.

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is interesting. On 12/27 I made a deal with the Honda dealer for a Modern Steel EX-L that according to the sheet he showed me should have arrived between 12/28 and 12/30. Here it is a week later and my car hasn't arrived. I've also noticed that their inventory on their website hasn't increased during that time period (though they have sold some of the 7 they had in stock on 12/27). The salesman keeps saying he doesn't know when they're coming in but will call me when they're here.

I know that the New Year holiday has reduced the number of working days and potentially impacted the deliver schedule but this seems weird. At the moment I'm giving the salesman the benefit of the doubt because I've bought from him for years but I'm starting to wonder what the deal is.

·
Registered
16 Posts
See my post on the fuel pump issue from a week or so ago. Seemed to be a well known issue by Honda and the engineers were working on a fix.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts