Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car sounded a bit louder and throatier when I started it today. Cat's still there, but...
Wood Art Auto part Pipe Automotive exterior

Paper, sharpie, cardboard, and several layers of tinfoil to hopefully prevent it from combusting.
Handwriting Rectangle Yellow Font Electric blue

Wedged between the plastic runner thingy and the body. The other side is taped to the body on the other side. It didn't seem secure, I should probably plan to get rid of it before I get up to highway speeds again.
Handwriting Motor vehicle Font Automotive exterior Bumper

Also I should fix my exhaust now...

·
Super Moderator
2007 Accord EX 2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
3,608 Posts
You are making the assumption that the thief can read English, in the poor light under the car.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
6,956 Posts
Glad you did not lose our cat converter. (y) I'm pretty sure signs, regardless what they may say, are nothing that will deter a thief.

Clearly, not a very good thief though to be unsuccessful at nabbing a cat from an older CRV like this one. :unsure: I bet they were interrupted in their attempt by humans coming near by.

·
Premium Member
6,170 Posts
they will be back, and you can fix it yourself, good luck best to fix then replace

Reactions: aintThatBroken

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did that make you feel better?
Yes lol. Good points from @beww and others, but while it may not be effective at stopping them if/when they return, it was very effective at making me feel better. Besides, even if they can't read it, maybe just seeing that the owner put something down there will make them think twice. Speaking of...

Where is the split tomato sauce can with baling wire when you need it?
Gonna need some elaboration on this 👀

If it were me, I would go with one of these, with some muffler patch tape first to seal the cut.
Thanks for the suggestion! Need to aquire a digital caliper or some means of measuring what size I need first, then I'll definitely do something like this.

·
Premium Member
2018 EX-L fwd
967 Posts
Gonna need some elaboration on this 👀
Back in the old days, when money was tight or nonexistent, that was the method of "repairing" cracks/breaks/ rust holes in your exhaust system. Take a clean, empty tomato sauce / soup / veggie can, cut off both ends [when cans had 2 similar ends], slit lengthwise, wrap around affected area, then secure with either baling wire or clamps.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive exhaust Gas

·
Registered
5 Gen: EX 1.5T
253 Posts
we don’t have the right to carry guns but a clean shot with a catapult will leave a nice memory

·
Registered
1 Posts
Also I should fix my exhaust now...

They will try again. Catalytics are very hot in the stolen market not so that they can be reused. They have valuable metals like platinum on the inside walls that help with not melting outside parts. So, my gee they are gonna keep stealing from you and other unsuspected neighbors.
Up your security if you have a home especially. Private property.

Criminals won{t care about the sign because they get couple hundred dollars. Guess those the metals are scarce and needed in surgical equipment to space parts. They are even shipping out to places overseas.

I got my catalytic stolen and it was hurtful had to fork out a couple hundreds to replace and didnt trust parking on NYC streets so I now have to pay $250 a month for a garage.
The garage as it stands gets flooded whenever there are heavy rains. For this price I shouldnt have to deal with this but other garages are far and more expensive.

keep an eye out bro. Old CRV’s like my ‘06 and yours are being sought out. Assuming because more precious metals than newer cars.

Hope this helps and keep us poisted.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If I saw that sign I‘d think it was a taco 😜. It is an increasing crime and you just can’t tell when and why and who’s next

1 - 20 of 32 Posts