Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys! (and gals!)

I am trying to locate am OEM preferred Hard Cover for this 06' Cr-V. I am new to this site so I am not even sure if I should be posting here but I have been searching far and wide! (Google and such for 3 weeks) and I have not been able to locate anything. Even if its black or a something, I would like a HARD Honda Tire Cover. I personally don't like the Soft Cover but will end up having to get one if I cant find it. Pictured car is the color car I am getting. Any Idea what the color name is as well? I am planning on buying a lot of stuff for this car as it is going to be our new baby/family car. Anyone that can help in anyway will be much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Color is called Silver Moss Metallic. Paint code NH691M. I used to have one.

As for a hard tire cover, you need one for the 05-06 as it had bigger wheels and tires than the 02-04. Part # of what your looking for is 08U02-S9A-100A. Unfortunately they have been discontinued feom Honda.

Ways to find one, Ebay, Craigslist and things like that.

Also, take the part number to your local dealer and have them run a parts locate to see if any dealers show as having one in their inventory. If so, het the dealers info of who has it and contact that dealer directly.

Best of luck.

·
Everything in Moderation
8,072 Posts
Back in the day, some owners liked to run without any cover on the spare.

That was called "Running Naked", right, @racoon?

+++++++++++++

PS, if you try searching eBay or car-part.com, use the term SE. That was the upscale trim line that had the hard cover.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Naked Spares were all the rage for 1st Gens! :Rockin:

Of course you had to buy another center cap, since the spare had a foam plug that went into the center of the spare wheel to keep the cover from rubbing on the wheel and damaging it.

My spare cover eventually rotted away and I bought the center cap.
Of course I then went overboard, and covered the black "H" symbol in the centers of all my tires with an "H" I cut from red reflective tape.
Red to match the Milano Red paint, of course.

And just so you know, the hard spare tire cover for Gen 2.5 CR-Vs is partially hard, as the side closest to the body is vinyl with a zipper to make mounting it easier.

A Google search found a couple of aftermarket hard covers for both the 1st Gen 15" tires, and the 2nd Gen 16" tires. There was a big caveat on one of the sites that they only fit the original tire sizes and won't fit larger tires on the original wheels.

·
Administrator
3,301 Posts
Accessories are the first thing to disappear from the warehouses. Tire covers might be NLA no longer available

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
color is called silver moss metallic. Paint code nh691m. I used to have one.

As for a hard tire cover, you need one for the 05-06 as it had bigger wheels and tires than the 02-04. Part # of what your looking for is 08u02-s9a-100a. Unfortunately they have been discontinued feom honda.

Ways to find one, ebay, craigslist and things like that.

Also, take the part number to your local dealer and have them run a parts locate to see if any dealers show as having one in their inventory. If so, het the dealers info of who has it and contact that dealer directly.

Best of luck.
thanks so much!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Back in the day, some owners liked to run without any cover on the spare.

That was called "Running Naked", right, @racoon?

+++++++++++++

PS, if you try searching eBay or car-part.com, use the term SE. That was the upscale trim line that had the hard cover.
Yeah I love the way the tire looks without a cover since it is the same rim and its a full sized tire. I just have a love for trying to get it to look as close as "out of the shop" as possible. Having the option of potentially getting the original cover would make my dream come true. Although, I do not disagree that they look cool "running naked"

·
Vendor
450 Posts
I am trying to locate am OEM preferred Hard Cover for this 06' Cr-V.
Hi there! We are a supporting vendor here. Yet, we don't have the custom-fit spare tire cover for the 06 CR-V.
I can suggest you going with a dimension-specific spare tire cover in case you don't find the OE option.
Here's the link to the black ABS-plastic spare tire cover. Just pick the right size in the product options drop down to get the right cover.
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi there! We are a supporting vendor here. Yet, we don't have the custom-fit spare tire cover for the 06 CR-V.
I can suggest you going with a dimension-specific spare tire cover in case you don't find the OE option.
Here's the link to the black ABS-plastic spare tire cover. Just pick the right size in the product options drop down to get the right cover.
Hope this helps!
I have been looking through your site everyday looking for accessories Thanks!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I ordered one of those a couple of years ago. Some time in late '15 I told our CRV that if some had a sale on spare tire covers I'd get her one for Christmas. I whispered under my breath that the sale would need to be a hum dinger, that would get it to the house for $100.00 including shipping. I'll see if I can find the seller (it was a Honda Dealer selling on line), it was a great price and the shipping was free with an order of $100.00. I added three quarts of tranny fluid to the cover and total was just under $105.00.

CRV_SpareTireCvr_lg_m[1].jpg

It Bernardi's as it shows in the attached picture. Found an email dated 11/25/15 for their Black Friday & Cyber week sale. Free shipping. Pretty sure that was my source.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just checked their website, they show they have them. Marked down to $95.94 from $132.00. Less than the soft ones.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts