Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to one of my friend's BMW club meets with my V. I talked with a few people here and there and then saw this guy taking pictures of my V with his camera phone. Aside from people poking fun/joking with me due to my Honda, I found it weird this guy was actually taking photos of my car.

I walked over to talk to him and he said he liked how stock my car looked and how clean it was. I told him thanks and he then asked if I've modified the car and how I can do a lot to rice out my V (car questions, ok...). He then asked me where I lived and how long I've owned the V (reasonable questions for a club member...). He then said he wanted a picture of me next to me car (getting freaky...). Then he started asking me the same above questions and said I'm now on video on his phone (wha?!). I ask how long he's been in the club and he said, "What club?"

I then just ask him why he is so interested in my car when behind me are BMWs, a Lotus, Porches, etc. He then runs over the the Lotus and starts asking me questions and taking photos with his phone and then puts me on video again asking me about the Lotus. I pretty much leave at this point since it is getting really weird, really messed up, and kind of freaky.

Has anyone else encountered people taking photos of your V? Seriously, a gen1 V isn't uncommon and is kind of plain looking in my eyes. It stands out of the crowd, but for different reasons. Hopefully he won't do anything bad with the photos of me and my car. Sigh...

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Some people are strange, and you have to make sure they aren't doing any "uncomfortable" college projects. I had to do a few for my CJ degree where I'd have to sit next to a random person I didn't know and just stare at them. Then I had to take pictures of someone's car with a camera or something and then find the person who owned it and ask them about it, and stuff. It was a weird project but it dealt with proxemics and people's comfort levels when doing certain things (it was an interrogation project).

I doubt this person was doing that. Maybe they had a genuine interest in the car, or they were planning on stealing it, or they were just a creepy person, it's hard to tell man. It's very odd that he asked where you live if he is not a member of a club or anything. Also, he could just be someone who saw a large concentration of cars and had some form of genuine interest in them. Was he doing it to anyone else there?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
We had to do some projects like that for my psycology class. In one of the projects we would have to some wierd stuff like that although just about talking with the person and useing foot in the door tequniques to try to force them into a conversation with us. Although the pics and the video is a little odd.

Oh and if you were wondering it wasn't me:D

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure

I do have a photo of him. If something happens to me, it'll be released and the crv club can avenge me. The bmw club will most likely also avenge me as I'm good friends with some members. Hm... same goes for a few other car clubs... Thanks guys!

He ONLY did it to me. When I walked away, he took a few more photos of other cars and then left on foot.

I doubt he was trying to steal my V since it was parked right in front of the door to a restuarant and there are lots of people around (car club members and restaurant patrons). He can't handle the power of this V anyways... especially with crazy traffic I can walk faster than him in traffic.

I doubt it was for a class since he seemed older (like late 20s), but then again he could be in class.

I was already suspicious on his interest when he asked if a V8 was in the lotus and how he would like to lift the lotus. warning! warning!

I would have been delighted if another CRV club member was there taking photos of my V, but alas, that was not the case.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I am 19 and there are plenty of older adults over 30 that are at my college. Allthough it is a community college in one of the worst cities in the United States.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts