Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

We recently got a 2018 Honda CR-V here in the shop, and of course we couldn't keep our hands off of it. With all of the different aftermarket options for "other" brands out there, it was quick to realize that there wasn't much for the HOT new CRV. I'll be honest, I wasn't the biggest fan right out of the gate, but once I drove it and understood the benefits of a small CUV I was totally hooked!! I started searching around for things to accessorize and came up empty handed time and time again. So I did exactly what every other warm blooded male with access to a race shop would do and I built my own ha!

In all transparency, I run a company called Jsport Performance Accessories. We sell proprietary accessories directly to Honda dealers throughout the U.S, Canada, South America and Dubai. Our company started out as a fun project after signing a deal with Honda North America to campaign the Honda Ridgeline and it's turned into something truly special. We build the things that Honda buyers want, that the OEM won't provide. Truthfully, the CR-V was never in our product line up before the Lava orange (we call her the "Pumpkin") CR-V showed up at the shop, and now I can't stop thinking about it and doing cool stuff to it.

I started by talking to one of my wheel vendors about making us a wheel that would best fit the needs of an "overland" type of CUV. I've become more and more attracted to that style of vehicle and with the AWD your possibilities are endless. Together we able to come up with a wheel and tire combo that was very fitting and added just a little bit more "beef" to the car, it was exactly what I was looking for. I feel like my wife can drive it to the store and look cool, while I can drive it up to the shooting range and not have to give up my man-card haha!

.. here is just a glimpse of her current state, but I can't keep my hands off of her and I can't stop thinking of new things to build for the CRV... I'm already working on a couple really cool things and I think you guys will enjoy it! .. think Subaru :BigGrin: - lift kits, roof racks etc :BigGrin:

IMG_7145.jpg

IMG_4160.jpg

IMG_4163.jpg

IMG_4165.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey all!

We recently got a 2018 Honda CR-V here in the shop, and of course we couldn't keep our hands off of it. With all of the different aftermarket options for "other" brands out there, it was quick to realize that there wasn't much for the HOT new CRV. I'll be honest, I wasn't the biggest fan right out of the gate, but once I drove it and understood the benefits of a small CUV I was totally hooked!! I started searching around for things to accessorize and came up empty handed time and time again. So I did exactly what every other warm blooded male with access to a race shop would do and I built my own ha!

In all transparency, I run a company called Jsport Performance Accessories. We sell proprietary accessories directly to Honda dealers throughout the U.S, Canada, South America and Dubai. Our company started out as a fun project after signing a deal with Honda North America to campaign the Honda Ridgeline and it's turned into something truly special. We build the things that Honda buyers want, that the OEM won't provide. Truthfully, the CR-V was never in our product line up before the Lava orange (we call her the "Pumpkin") CR-V showed up at the shop, and now I can't stop thinking about it and doing cool stuff to it.

I started by talking to one of my wheel vendors about making us a wheel that would best fit the needs of an "overland" type of CUV. I've become more and more attracted to that style of vehicle and with the AWD your possibilities are endless. Together we able to come up with a wheel and tire combo that was very fitting and added just a little bit more "beef" to the car, it was exactly what I was looking for. I feel like my wife can drive it to the store and look cool, while I can drive it up to the shooting range and not have to give up my man-card haha!

.. here is just a glimpse of her current state, but I can't keep my hands off of her and I can't stop thinking of new things to build for the CRV... I'm already working on a couple really cool things and I think you guys will enjoy it! .. think Subaru :BigGrin: - lift kits, roof racks etc :BigGrin:
Not sure why my photos didnt attach.:Darn:

IMG_7145.jpg

IMG_4160.jpg

IMG_4165.jpg

IMG_4162.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sway Bars ??

Awesome, how about a Sway Bar Kit, or at least a Heavier Rear Sway Bar to reduce oversteer ? I've called everywhere, can't find them for 2018 CRV. Yes Cardid lists them but 'Out of Stock' since I've been looking.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Cool crv, any issues with rubbing pants getting in and out with the steps?
Wheels look very ‘subaru rally’

Good luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
got wheels?

Nice wheels. I have a 2018 CRV coming this week, and the first thing I must change are those seriously funky looking wheels!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts