Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what it is yet but highway fuel economy has gone from 7.2L/100 km in the 2017-2019 models to 7.4L/100 km in the 2020 model. Links below to the 2019 model and 2020 model. Hopefully some new engine calibrations to address the oil dilution again. I'm keeping my eye out on all the Honda news sources and owners manuals to see what it is. Maybe a change from 0W-20 to 5W-30 oil? Who knows, only a guess at this point. If they don't fix the oil dilution - warm up issues I'm not keeping mine another winter.

Don't compare the annual fuel cost figures directly. They're using a higher price of fuel in 2020.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,897 Posts
By any chance has their been any change to how fuel economy is officially measured and reported out?

There are number of things that could give modest adjustment in "official fuel economy", such as tires with lower rolling resistance, or changes in systems that actually put load on the engine, like AC, etc..

It is certainly possible that they made some tuning changes in the latest version of the engine, though I would have expected them to have done that a year or two in.. if it actually improved fuel economy.

I'll keep an eye out for any official Honda specs on the 2020 1.5T to see if there are any subtle changes in hp, boost, torque, etc.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By any chance has their been any change to how fuel economy is officially measured and reported out?

There are number of things that could give modest adjustment in "official fuel economy", such as tires with lower rolling resistance, or changes in systems that actually put load on the engine, like AC, etc..

It is certainly possible that they made some tuning changes in the latest version of the engine, though I would have expected them to have done that a year or two in.. if it actually improved fuel economy.

I'll keep an eye out for any official Honda specs on the 2020 1.5T to see if there are any subtle changes in hp, boost, torque, etc.
There was a change in how fuel economy was measured in 2015. They changed to a more realistic test but no change between 2019 and 2020. This new figure is a reduction in fuel economy by the way. More L/100 km is more fuel used to travel 100 km. Opposite from more MPG being better mileage.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,897 Posts
There was a change in how fuel economy was measured in 2015. They changed to a more realistic test but no change between 2019 and 2020. This new figure is a reduction in fuel economy by the way. More L/100 km is more fuel used to travel 100 km. Opposite from more MPG being better mileage.
Ok... got it. (y)

So.. a bit less fuel economy. That could still be a change in how it is calculated I guess. Could also be something changed in the emissions system perhaps. If not, I'll be checking for subtle changes in the offical spec numbers of the engine for 2020. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts