Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Sometimes Air conditioning

4093 Views 12 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Dave J
AC blows cold air when working but intermittently fails . When failed ac clutch is not engaged. Mechanic has evacuated all refrigerant and refilled to proper level. Has he kc clutch operation which seems normal.

When ac failed in my driveway one day, noticed when opening hood that neither the radiator nor condenser fan were operating. I happened to have my garden hose nearby and sprayed radiator from engine side. Fans started up and AC clutch engaged and AC delivered cold air .
AC has been working every trip to mechanic so unable to duplicate. Trip to dealer also fruitless - they managed to refill the already filled refrigerant.

Thoughts?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like AC high pressure switch shutting down AC. And when you cooling down the condenser the pressure goes down as well and compressor starts.
It is possible, the condenser is dirty and need to be cleaned up.
thanks - will look to replace switch.

Car was sitting for three hours after being used with ac operating. No AC, no fans working. Dashboard engine temp normal. Ran car for two ten minute runs. Spraying radiator initially had no effect. Third try, fans and ac came on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.