Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any recommendations to reduce road noise? It is really interfering with the bass of the audio system making me want to artificially boost it, when at low volumes becomes too much, and starting to get a lot of ear fatigue forall the noise

Only an issue above 60-80mph but I seem to be traveling a lot at these speeds lately

I know about dynamat, are there more economical solutions, sprayfoam, etc.

What do I search for when finding a service to do this for me? Search terms to use...?

Any recommendations where to apply the sound treatment?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Treating rear wheel wells and fire wall with Dynamat (I used SecondSkin) may do wonder. I don't see the need in my 2017 EX-L. Getting a better set of tires is, in my opinion, the best option because tires equip with factory wheels have different compounds from retail tires. They wear out faster and are more prone to producing road noise.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've already got new yokohamas. I'm probably getting some extra noise from them since they're more of a performance tire (though I believe they're fairly soft for grip they're lower profile) AdvanSport with 19" Honda Vega rims combination.

Thanks for the vote for dynamat. Do you see any reason to look beyond dynamat at other options?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've already got new yokohamas. I'm probably getting some extra noise from them since they're more of a performance tire (though I believe they're fairly soft for grip they're lower profile) AdvanSport with 19" Honda Vega rims combination.

Thanks for the vote for dynamat. Do you see any reason to look beyond dynamat at other options?
Unless you don't mind about adding more weight and spending time doing it right. Use MLV and CCF (Yoga mat) to block noise and butyl vibrational dampening material like 2ndskin or Dynamat. There should be a cheaper alternative, but I don't bother other what I said above because they've worked for me so far. Secondskin normally run discount promotion. I got their B stock stuff which is basically the same for cheaper price.

·
Administrator
3,301 Posts
If you are looking for someone to tear into your car soundproof it and put it back together again, start looking at stereo stores, body shops and interior trim shops.
I'm busy with dynamat on my off road truck. That stuff is great for damping the body structure vibration. Definite difference after just doing the floors, roof and front doors.
You might be able to diy with that stuff in certain areas around the spare wheel. Removing the trim in the rear isn't hard but if your nervous about it, pay someone to do the job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts