Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Open the BusyBox app iirc. I use Android auto... Make sure in addition to BusyBox, you have the master viper switch turned on.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Has anyone been able to confirm if this can in fact change audio from a CarPlay connection.
Not just inferring it can from using Android audio.
I have viper4android working on Bluetooth audio but it won’t change anything from CarPlay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, a lot of good information on here about installs. I just put in new door speakers and a JL RD 900 5 channel amp. Now I need to tune it. Does anyone know at what volume the EX head unit distorts?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just adding a little info.

1. I can't get viper4 to work for apple car play or usb but works on Bluetooth.
2. I haven't put a meter on the head unit but my rather sensitive ears says about 28 volume is when distortion starts on the EX-L equivalent, I can't handle more than 25 on the stock speakers tho.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Absolutely @Breaultk - dsp flat is great advice. Here is the link!

Note it is not for anyone on the touring or ex-l with upgraded sound (oem amp + sub). It won't break anything, it just doesn't work.
Does this comment about not working on the Touring apply to Viper4Android too or only the "dsp flat" device.

thanks

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Does this comment about not working on the Touring apply to Viper4Android too or only the "dsp flat" device.

thanks
Just dsp flat. I have viper working on my '17 touring. Dsp flat only works when the head unit is the dsp. Since the premium audio trims have an external amp with its own dsp, dsp flat doesn't work.

Unsure why the poster above can't get it to work with car play, but I can confirm it works with Android auto and Bluetooth.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Just adding a little info.

1. I can't get viper4 to work for apple car play or usb but works on Bluetooth.
2. I haven't put a meter on the head unit but my rather sensitive ears says about 28 volume is when distortion starts on the EX-L equivalent, I can't handle more than 25 on the stock speakers tho.
Make sure you have the viper setting to lock all inputs to Bluetooth.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Will try again later. Dsp flat works, set it to auto start. Viper worked on bluetooth fine but I couldn't tell any difference on apple carplay, tried my wife's android and it worked on android auto. it is locked to blue tooth but I might try lock to headphone out as I saw on the xpaforum.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just dsp flat. I have viper working on my '17 touring. Dsp flat only works when the head unit is the dsp. Since the premium audio trims have an external amp with its own dsp, dsp flat doesn't work.
Thanks for responding mnestrud.

I noted that this poster did not include the installation of supersu and Busybox in his summary.

Did he just miss it or is there additional functionality that these apps bring to the installation?

·
Registered
17 Posts
you need supersu and Busybox to install viper, supersu grants super user full access to busy box and viper, busy box is some pre req program for viper. it's a linux thing for android.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts